Senior iOS Engineer / Technical Lead
At HotelTonight, we take enormous pride in the product experiences we deliver to both customers and hotel partners. We build amazing products by questioning the standard way of doing things. Every day, the engineering team faces the challenges of scaling to support our increased booking volume, building a unified global platform and adapting to the newest mobile technologies, all while keeping our apps fast and our UX clean and simple.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Develop the world’s best iOS applications for iPhone and iPad
- Push the envelope with what is possible with iOS, keeping the product true to our core product values of Simplicity, Beauty & Fscking Usefulness, but taking advantage of the newest features and rejecting the common ways of solving problems
- Be a senior contributor and lead other iOS team members
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to extend our APIs and other systems to support your ideas.
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- Excellent knowledge of iOS 7 SDK, Objective C, Xcode 5, and related technologies. 3+ years experience.
- A passion for iOS products. You have published an app(s) in the App Store and they have stellar reviews.
- Excited by and familiar with the tools and methodologies we use for building great software, including Git, Objective-C, Xcode, UIKit, Cocoa Touch, and a multitude of open source libraries for a great development environment.
- An opinion. If something isn't up to our level of quality, we expect you to speak up and help us improve it.
- Independent and product-focused. We expect our developers to also define big portions of the products they build. If you want to be handed a complete product spec on your first day, you'd probably be happier working elsewhere.
- A Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field
- True startup experience - no bureaucracy and the opportunity to have a real impact on the business
- A chance to become an expert in mobile travel while it’s a nascent, growing industry
- Camaraderie of an amazing team that is working tirelessly to build the next great travel company
- Great SF office location at Market and 5th Street (if you have the legal right to work for any employer in the US, we’ll move you here)
- Generous compensation and pre-IPO stock options! Excellent medical, dental, vision and 401k plans, too.
- Sweet perks — Quarterly travel stipend, your choice of equipment and a giant monitor, catered lunches and breakfast a few times a week, unlimited coffee and snacks, a partially subsidized gym membership at Sports Club/LA, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and a gong that you’ll get to bang when you ship something amazing!