Fugro Consultants, Inc. is seeking a Senior-level Environmental Engineer/Geologist for its Los Angeles office. Senior professionals are generally registered professionals who direct and execute simple to complex projects under the guidance of an associate or principal engineer. The position requires responsible judgment and independent thinking to manage the commercial and technical aspects of major projects. Senior professionals supervise groups of staff to execute projects utilizing Fugro’s project management procedures and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to conduct and oversee a range of hazardous materials audits and site assessments.
- Manage and conduct soil, soil-gas, and groundwater sampling, sample handling, and documentation as part of hazardous materials site assessment and remediation
- Actively involved in all aspects of project execution for hazardous waste sites, including scope and budget development, field logistics, subcontract management, engineering analysis, reporting, client interactions, and project financial management.
- Duties will include business development, preparing estimates and proposals, and seeking appropriate teaming arrangements for Fugro services.
- Work includes client contact, data compilation, evaluation, and project execution, including report preparation.
- Experience using risk based cleanup, risk assessment models, ProUCL software, J&E modeling for vapor intrusion work, and proficient using published environmental screening criteria.
- Ensures that commitments to clients are met in both timeliness, accuracy and conformance
- Acts as a technical advisor to subordinate professionals assigned to the project and consults with the Principals and peers as appropriate throughout the project.
- Personally supports and encourages support for continuous improvement of the company's processes, including but not limited to the Fugro Consultants, Inc. safety program.
- Experience with geotechnical engineering services is a plus
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Master of Arts or Science with at least 5 years of experience strongly preferred.
- HAZWOPER certification required
- PE or PG certification required
- Must be proficient with office and computer software applications
- Must have excellent communication skills, including grammar
- Able to work in a team environment to maintain good working relations with staff and clients; excellent interpersonal skills
- Possession of a valid, unrestricted California driver's license, and an acceptable driving record.
- Applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, background check and physical.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry 40-50 pounds of equipment.
Fugro Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer . M/F/D/V
what we offer
Excellent compensation package, including full benefits package, health benefits and a generous 401(k) match.
Farid Motamed/Glenn Young
To be considered, please reference job number and title in cover letter.
Fugro - 16 months ago