Design Strategist/UX Specialist at AT&T Foundry
The AT&T Foundry is looking to add fresh talent in product design/design strategy to our newly-opened innovation center in down-town Palo Alto. The AT&T Foundry is small team (20 people in PA) tasked with developing new products and services across AT&T’s portfolio, from products like next-gen U-verse and mobile device experiences (phones/tablets) to cloud and enterprise network services, innovating on every aspect: from customer care and developer tools to providing services for new market segments.
Most importantly, we are a team developing a new human-centered-design-led process and a distinctive creative culture for ourselves. This is a chance to join a group in the formative stages with the brief to drive the future of one of the world’s most prestigious and influential companies. We regularly present new concepts and deliver products directly to the very highest levels of AT&T’s executive leadership.
We are looking for a team-oriented product designer and strategist who is an expert at discovering insights from real users and turning them into concrete product concepts or design strategies. Experience in planning and conducting user research is essential, as is the know-how on how to turn this information into new concepts and actionable strategies. A background in UI and graphics will also be a huge asset.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a designer in a project-based environment, with a relevant Bachelors degree.
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
- Experience and deep understanding of user-centered design and an ability to integrate design into a complete design and development process.
- A passion for representing the user point of in a technology-led environment and intensely curious about why people do what they do.
- Excited to engage in the latest mobile and software technologies, and work with the people who develop these solutions.
- The ability to drive a plan, deliver and communicate a design research process, including leading design research/human factors activities, brainstorming workshops and creative sessions.
- Demonstrated impact in taking user needs and translating them into actionable product strategies: creating product and service concepts that enable development teams to act on your findings.
- UI/UX design skills, with an ability to map out complex information architectures and link these to user needs, including the ability to develop and test prototypes at a range of resolutions.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent and articulate at presenting processes and conclusions to executive leadership, as well as talented at the creation of compelling and persuasive graphic presentations.
- A natural team-worker, comfortable working in a fluid, start-up-like environment working with technical and non-technical colleagues, where proactivity and self-direction are essential. Preferred characteristics:
- Diverse experience of designing products/services across the digital, physical and systems design domains.
May 3, 2012, 9:04:29 AM
May 10, 2012, 11:59:59 PM
AT&T - 2 years ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...