Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton. The companies’ premium tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Altria Group Distribution Company’s (AGDC) role is to execute trade programs to grow our tobacco business and our customers' business. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Senior Lead – Sales Business Integration to join our Business Process & Technology department in Richmond, VA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and implementing strategic AGDC infrastructure requirements to support trade programs & brand promotional plans including leading cross-functional projects to ensure efficient and compliant AGDC execution.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Leading cross-functional AGDC initiatives to deliver enhanced business processes and technology solutions that enable AGDC to sell, distribute and market products
- Leading and managing multiple concurrent projects ensuring that each project meets the business needs on time and within budget
- Collaborating as the strategic partner and primary liaison between technical resources with multiple functions (i.e. Brand, Sales Merchandising, Retail Promotions, Sales Compliance, and C&MS) to develop innovative infrastructure solutions that allow AGDC to efficiently execute compliant brand plans and trade programs
- Providing project management leadership for project initiatives with internal and external IT resources to develop execution strategies and implementation plans to ensure compliant and effective project delivery. Utilizing project management documentation, tools and systems to effectively monitor program development
- Leading initiatives to design and develop tools to provide best-in class category information and insights that more effectively engage and inform Altria's trade partners
- Identifying and exploring innovative business processes, technical solutions and emerging technologies that address key business issues to more effectively execute Altria's Operating Companies programs. Identifying and developing strategic business plans to gain cross-functional / Sr. Management approval to test and implement key solutions
- Developing and implementing business processes and systems to measure and monitor the effectiveness and compliance for AGDC execution of brand plans, trade programs and payments according to all applicable financial controls and compliance requirements. This includes assessing the impact on Altria and our trade partners' businesses
- Developing resource plans and execution strategies to allocate Field Sales Force and Key Account resources to optimally execute strategies, plans and programs
- Identifying Field Sales Force training strategies and develop infrastructure to effectively educate the FSF on key processes and activities required to execute brand plans and trade programs in a compliant manner
- Managing the integration and optimization of business process and technology initiatives across order to cash processes to include product and customer management, order management, order processing, pricing, financial controls, inventory management and new projects to ensure the efficient collection and processing of weekly sales revenue
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related field
- Experience in both wholesale and retail merchandising and a deep understanding of the AGDC organization are necessary for success
- Demonstrate creativity in strategic formulation - the position requires a person who can think beyond current business processes and systems and develop creative programs to support new, emerging brand / trade programs
- The position requires the ability to manage multiple project work streams at the same time and ensure all requirements, deadlines and budget targets are met
- Strong communication and execution skills are necessary to follow up and ensure implementation of solutions
- Must be able to work in an environment where timelines are often very short to analyze data, develop recommendations and implement solutions
At Altria Group Distribution Company, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Altria - 10 months ago