Community Education Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of correctional services throughout the United States . Join a dynamic team that provides offender management to males and females from local, state, and federal jurisdictions, including U.S. Marshal Service, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement
As Sergeant you wil be responsible for supervision, custody, care, safety, control and physical restraint (when necessary) of inmates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Has direct supervisory responsibilities over inmates and employees in the following areas:
instruct inmates in housekeeping and sanitation.
- Supervising inmates in housing areas and those segregated for administrative or punitive measure;
irregular intervals, maintain control and discipline including use of physical restraining devices, and
- Making periodic patrols of quarters and work areas, and initiate counts of inmates at regular and
prevent the introduction of contraband into the facility.
communications and other electronic equipment; instruct inmates in the proper care and use of
- Maintaining a record of equipment, supplies and other items. Maintain knowledge of
prevent the introduction of contraband.
- Initiate and participate in search of inmate work areas, recreation areas and housing units to
magistrate forms, and other paperwork as needed.
- Direct correctional officers in preparing reports such as; work orders, booking paperwork,
- Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates in the event of injury, illness and
- Prepares reports and other related duties as required.
experience in a correctional facility. Must be of good moral character and have the ability to lead and
- Must be a High school graduate or possess an equivalency degree with a minimum of one-year
command respect of staff and inmates.
investigative techniques including effective methods of obtaining information from hostile or reluctant
- Understand the legal rights of inmates, staff and general public. Have an understanding of interviewing and
individuals from varying backgrounds and ideologies. Have the ability to listen, analyze and react to
- Must possess skills in oral and written communication. Have the ability to effectively interact with
problems and crisis, within time constraints.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com .
Jack Harwell Detention Center, Waco, TX
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community Education Centers (CEC) is a leading provider of treatment and education services for adult and juvenile correctional and social...