Ability to communicate effectively.
Minimum one (1) year experience working as a Server, preferably in a fine dining environment.
Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Ability to work with management staff and other employees in a professional manner.
Must be 21 years of age or over.
Must have current California Food Handler Card or willingness and ability to obtain California Food Handling Card before first day of employment.
The Server is responsible for offering guests an enjoyable, expertly served meal reflecting the high customer service standards of The Resort at Pelican Hill. They must anticipate guests’ needs and provide service before being asked, such as filling water glasses when needed and monitoring the table during their meal. A Server must maintain a professional appearance and friendly attitude toward guests, other employees and management staff.
- Take food and drink orders accurately and notify kitchen of order following department procedures.
- Be prepared to explain menu items, including food content and preparation style.
- Be familiar with daily specials and present to guest.
- Ensure consistency in preparation and presentation of food and drink items before serving to guest.
- Follow all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Understand and use the proper procedure for guest walk-outs.
- Present guest check and process utilizing proper policies and procedures for cash, room charge or credit card.
- Recognize and address any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
- Notify management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of tables, chairs, carpet and/or equipment and any accidents.
- Follow all procedures when responding to any hotel emergency or safety situation.
The Irvine Company - 24 months ago
Founded more than a century ago, the privately held company is known internationally for the communities it continues to create on The...