Server Administrator / Systems Analyst |
Job Purpose: The Server Administrator/Systems Analyst works closely with Network Administrator to provide Tier Two/Second Level server support for servers, systems and network. The Server Administrator/Systems Analyst works under direct supervision of the IS Operations Manager and assists in developing support strategies and short-term operations planning.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide helpdesk support for server hardware and software both local and remote
- Assist first tier support personnel in resolving helpdesk issues for file server support and printer server
- Work with Tier Three support personnel and Operations Manager to formulate, test, and maintain Business Recovery plans.
- Create and provide support for login accounts in a Windows Active Directory Environment
- Provide hands-on training and documentation to end users on printer setup and configuration
- Prepare project documentation for and server lifecycle locally and remote
- Manage and maintain software and hardware inventory corporate wide
- Prepare budgetary recommendations for Operations Manager, Department Heads, and Regional Directors
- Work with hardware and software vendors to negotiate pricing and terms
- Evaluate computer and server hardware software and systems
- Perform basic network configuration on desktops, laptops and servers.
- Background with Ethernet networks and TCP/IP configurations
- Administer corporate applications including anti-virus, Exchange, SQL Server and support users. Network / Server Support Duties
- Research and assist in the purchase of required hardware and software
- Assist with monthly Windows Update deployment process to Windows servers and workstations within the organization via SCCM.
Experience and Education Qualifications:
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution preferred
- 4 years’ experience in IT in an Operations environment. An operations environment is defined as Server, Network, MS Exchange 2007, VMware 4.1 and above and management. Support of both software and hardware in the operations environment.
- Ability to utilize effective customer service skills.
- Should be able to communicate both written and verbally in an effective manner.
- Ability to prepare project documentation
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs on Intel based PCs and servers
- Extensive experience with Server 2008, Active Directory, VMware b ackground, Microsoft Exchange, including DNS, DHCP is imperative
- Utilize and manage VMware virtualization technology in an Enterprise.
- Utilize and manage Storage Area Networks in an Enterprise.
- Ability to connect computers and mobile devices to wireless networks and resolve related technical issues in an Enterprise.
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of the current Microsoft Windows operating system in a network going back to at least Windows XP.
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of virus and malware prevention and removal
- Preferably background administering SQL Server 2005 or 2008 and basic knowledge of SQL implementation
- Utilization of remote access technologies including basic use and troubleshooting.