Job Category: Operations
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 814966-96192
Division: Online Services Division
Global Foundation Services is the team behind the cloud. GFS is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
This role is a critical part of the Deployment Services - Hardware Supply Management (HSM) team within GFS. This high-energy, customer-focused team is all about hardware delivery: on time, defect free, ongoing supplier management and MS business group support. We operate in a high-tech environment, laying the groundwork for continued growth while continuing to deliver excellent support of our customer needs.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position will drive end-to-end hardware supply and operational supplier management. The individual filling this role will:
Skills & Qualifications
- Be the dedicated supply chain contact for the product & specified suppliers
- Partner with GFS and MS Business Groups to develop and implement strategies in support of Microsoft needs within multiple manufacturer and logistics landscapes
- Be responsible for on-going project management, overall timelines, and project level communication to BG and within GFS from a Hardware Supply perspective, coordinating end-to-end with other teams
- Drive business metrics including on-time delivery performance, inventory positions, lead-times, product transitions, and risk analysis
- Coordinate and communicate all internal messaging on changes to hardware supply delivery, updates and impact
- Develop and maintain pertinent component market knowledge and understand lower level component supply chain strategies & constraints
- Achieve cost and delivery performance targets as developed to support business needs
- Manage supply base engagement process, including supplier review meetings, metrics, improvement plans and issue resolution
- Lead teams in supplier evaluation processes, including on-site review activities for new suppliers and new product launches
- Represent supplier needs within Microsoft
- Responsible for managing continuous improvements and process initiatives in parallel to day-to-day business operations.
- Current Experience in IT or other high-tech electronics procurement or supply chain
- Program Management within the supply chain discipline, involving multiple global suppliers, and logistics
- Customer driven
- Demonstrated team & leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple groups
- Exposure to contract negotiation, generation of supply agreements with suppliers
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the work place.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred MS or MBA) in Operations Management, Business, Supply Chain, or related technology BS degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in related field
- Experience managing volume purchasing in an ERP environment
- Direct supply chain/materials management experience
- Lean-6 sigma project and process experience preferred
- APICs, ISM, or similar affiliation/certification preferred
Microsoft - 20 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...