Software Engineer responsible for the architectural design and implementation of a scalable platform for the data acquisition and control of nodes within a distributed network. Leveraging this collected data the position will require an individual capable of developing the storage, analysis, processing systems and generic UI framework capable of creating disparate user interfaces within a variety of vertical markets.
- Develop a server-side software application framework that can communicate with multiple embedded devices throughout an IP network
- Develop a web-based front-end to manage distributed embedded devices across a network
- Architect a database design to store data and operational parameters for distributed nodes throughout a network
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to fully define project scope, deliverables and team requirements as well as execute program plans with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrated understanding of most new product development processes and work flows.
- Working knowledge of at most all SBU product lines, with detailed knowledge of 2 or more SBU product lines.
- Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the "expert" in a particular field, capable of leading a sub-team formed around the technical expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Demonstrated Mastery of a particular technical area within the job responsibility
- Web development
- Understanding of scalable server systems
- Databases; Relational and unstructured databases
- Distributed file systems
- TCP/IP networking
- Network and data security
- Working understanding of encryption
- Cloud services
- Apache, MySQL, PHP
- Scripting: Python, bash
- XML, JSON
- Map-Reduce algorithms
- Bachelor''s degree in Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 8 or more years experience
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
Laird Technologies, Inc. - 21 months ago