Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Service Advisor is responsible for serving as a liaison between the customer and technicians - which involves scheduling repairs, assigning work to technicians, preparing repair orders, billing repair orders, entering work orders into computer system and ordering shop supplies according to procedures.
Hours for this position are 3:00 pm – 12:00 am Monday thru Friday and rotating Saturdays.
- Assist in overseeing and following through with the overlapping day to day activities of the service department.
- Effectively communicate with customers relating to their job orders.
- Monitor job schedule and status of progress. Maintain current knowledge on job times, job pricing and flat rates.
- Process all service repair orders.
- Coordinate timely paperwork processing.
- Assist with any warranty inquires.
- Assist Service Manager with special reports or work as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of related automotive repair facility or heavy duty truck experience preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Windows. Must possess demonstrated skills in c omputer generated business systems.
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL required, or ability to obtain.
- Dependable and reliable attendance required.
Employment at JX Enterprises / JX Peterbilt is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
JX Enterprises, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard