Responsible for servicing and inspecting rental vehicles for customer use, transporting vehicles from servicing area to customer pick-up, maintaining gas logs on vehicles and maintaining cleanliness of work area.
- Clean and service rental vehicles for customer use (including washing, fueling, gassing, adding air and fluids and associated preparations); review inspection checklist to ensure vehicles are properly prepared and meet quality criteria.
- Transport customers to and from the rental center as required.
- Locate and deliver vehicles to appropriate locations as directed.
- Sweep and clean service area and maintain equipment, tools and adequate cleaning supplies.
- Maintain gas logs and other logs as requested by management.
- Inspect and park valet cars as directed.
- Coordinate and inspect vehicles for internal and external damage, arrange for repairs as needed and prepare vehicles for turnback.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate large shuttle vehicles.
- Ability to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- General knowledge of automobile mechanics with the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to present a professional, enthusiastic attitude through effective communication skills to promote a positive impression of Dollar to customers and employees.
What's in it for you!
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Previous work experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license as required by state.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Competitive Health benefits, including a 401(k) plan;
- Employee Discount Program –Everything from Flowers to Movie Tickets, Automobiles, and Computers;
- The ability to drive your career forward – through our Manager in Training program;
- The chance to work for a company with Community Commitment: DTAG partners with Special Olympics, America Red Cross, & Habitat for Humanity among other organizations to give back to the communities where we live and work;
- Contribute to a team that believes in Value Every Time…for our customers, and for our employees
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. maintains a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace for all employees. Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening process, which includes a drug test and background check. Employees must maintain compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy for the duration of employment.
Thank you for your interest in applying; we also encourage you to visit us at www.facebook.com/DollarThriftyCareers for other opportunities that meet your skills and qualifications.
STEP UP and Like Us today!
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the Dollar Rent A...