Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG. www.greatamericaninsurancegroup.com .
We are hiring two Service Associates in our Specialty Human Services Division. The levels will be determined based on previous experience and qualifications.
- Performs a variety of complex policy administration tasks in support of the business within established production and quality guidelines. Tasks may include:
- Reviews instructions from agent, underwriter, insured, broker, etc. to understand/determine what is needed to provide quotes, issuances, renewals, endorsements, etc.
- Computes premiums on quotes, issuances, renewals, audits, endorsements and/or cancellations/reinstatements based on proper rate selection, rules and company procedures.
- Enters rate, premium and/or policy information into appropriate systems for policy updates/issuance.
- Maintains file accuracy and completeness.
- Orders, prepares and/or updates reports (i.e., motor vehicle reports, loss reports, financial reports, loss run requests, etc.) and/or legal notices (i.e., Notice of Cancellation, non-renewal notice, motor vehicle/motor carrier filings, etc.).
- Sets up and clears submissions.
- Researches and resolves and/or corrects errors and/or issues.
- Prepares, assembles and/or issues policy/endorsements and associated documentation.
- Researches and reconciles premium/billing accounting discrepancies. Responds to premium/billing questions.
- Performs preliminary risk evaluation and/or loss analysis.
- Utilizes computerized systems for research, tracking, information gathering and/or troubleshooting (i.e., Excel/Word programs, legacy systems, internal systems, third party vendor delivered systems, etc.).
- Shares and/or conveys complex information via telephone, e-mail, fax, regular mail or in person to underwriters, agents, brokers, reinsurers and/or insureds maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- May participate in other departmental processes/projects, such as changes/enhancements to forms and screens, user acceptance testing for systems and policies.
- May act as a liaison with other departments and facilitate interdepartmental communication.
- May perform other tasks including support, photocopying, imaging, mail, data entry, agent contracting support and/or supply functions.
- May provide training, guidance and assistance to lower level positions.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of departmental policies and procedures, as well as of the business (including products, coverages, etc.) and organization. Complies with company and regulatory guidelines.
- May approve new business, renewal business and/or endorsements based on a defined set of instructions/guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- 3-6 years of related experience, experience in the insurance industry preferred
Great American Insurance Group - 22 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...