Summary: Performs the daily, routine cleaning duties in a designated area according to the performance standards set. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and values.
Principle Accountabilities: % of Time Spent
1. Performs routine cleaning of assigned patient rooms, baths, laboratories, offices, rest rooms, locker rooms or other areas using standard cleaning supplies and disinfectants to the high standards of cleanliness and disinfecting as directed. Measured by: Supervisory observation, as reported by others and documented discrepancies. (40%)
2. Dusts and wet mops floors and vacuums carpets; dusts and cleans furniture, fixtures, horizontal surfaces, vents, etc. Sanitizes and/or polishes mirrors, glass partitions, doors and similar interior glass surfaces; scours or polishes drinking fountains, bathtubs, showers, sinks or other porcelain surfaces; empties, sanitizes and re-lines wastebaskets. Replenishes bathroom and rest room supplies of paper towels, toilet tissue and soap; reports maintenance needs and safety hazards to Housekeeping Supervisor per established department procedures. Measured by: Supervisory observation, as reported by others and documented discrepancies. (35%)
3. Upon patient discharge, strips beds, washes/sanitizes everything that came into contact with the patient. Sanitizes patient care equipment (i.e., IV poles, bedside commodes, walkers, etc.) before placing them in storage. Disposes of disposable utensils used by patient (i.e., bed pans, urinals, water pitchers, wash basins, etc.). Reports any patient’s belongings left behind to nursing for prompt removal. Washes and cleans discharged patient unit, including bed, chest, table, locker and drawers. Makes bed and replenishes patient supplies, following established department and hospital procedures. Measured by: Supervisory observation, as reported by others and documented discrepancies. (10%)
4. Performs assigned project work including but not limited to general cleaning of chairs, waste baskets, kick plates, convectors, bathroom walls, doors and door frames, lower windows and tracks, casters on movable furniture and wheelchairs/stretchers as requested. Measured by: Supervisory observation, as reported by others and documented discrepancies. (10%)
5. Cleans and performs nominal maintenance on upright vacuum (i.e., change bag, check for blockage), work carts and equipment; following department policy and procedure, removes unsafe equipment form service. Meets safety and cleanliness guidelines 100% of the time. Measured by: Supervisory observation, as reported by others and documented discrepancies. (5%)
6. Performs other work duties as assigned
1. Ability to read and write preferred. 2. Some knowledge of institutional cleaning preferred, but not required. 3. After brief training, ability to demonstrate correct use of work-related chemicals, supplies, tools and equipment. 4. CPR is not required. The assessment, care and treatment of patients is not required in this position. However, this position needs to be courteous with patients of all ages and respectful of the patient’s privacy and guard confidential patient information.
No formal education required. Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions.
Mission: Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health of the community. Using talents and resources responsibly, our medical staff, employees and volunteers provide care for the whole person with compassion, professional excellence, and respect for each other and those we serve.
Core Values: Human Dignity, Compassion, Justice, Excellence, and Stewardship.
Human Dignity: We accept and treat all persons as being created in the image of God.
Compassion: We respond with caring to the needs of others as if they were members of our family.
Justice: We honor each person’s rights and responsibilities in light of the common good.
Excellence: We set and strive to attain high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
Stewardship: We use our talents and resources wisely, with honesty and integrity.
FACES – Friendly – Available – Caring – Efficient – Safe
Communication Standards: Promotes and provides courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.
St. Luke's Hospital - Missouri - 17 months ago
At St. Luke's, each and every day, we put into practice our values:
We accept and treat all persons as being created in...