The Service Banker is a multi-purpose role in a branch location that plays an integral role in helping the branch achieve sales success. Specifically, this role will support Retail Banking 60% and Private Banking 40% reporting the Branch Manager at the Camelback.
This client-facing role will perform account servicing and maintenance duties as requested and meet with clients, making referrals for all products and services, and support the sales and service efforts of all staff. The Service Banker will have knowledge and understanding of teller and operations, safe deposit, loan and credit applications and account products and services; will possess general knowledge of all JFG products and services. The Service Banker will help out on both the Relationship Banker (platform) and the teller areas as required. May assist other staff in the branch or other lines of business as required to meet customer needs.
Meet with clients to understand and meet their needs to retain and/or expand existing client relationships.
Resolve service issues e.g., electronic banking services, loan processing and data entry, credit card applications, wire transfers, check and deposit slip orders, account reconciliation, etc.; referring more complex issues to appropriate teammate to foster customer retention/client satisfaction.
Demonstrates proactive sales activities of basic products to customers while referring more complex requests (small business accounts, mortgage, credit needs) to Relationship Banker.
Process transactions accurately and efficiently to build trust and ensure Operational Excellence is attained.
Processes requests as delegated by client’s Primary or Secondary Officer or by other bankers or managers.
Backs-up sales, service and operations positions in the branch based on branch needs; opens and closes the branch as required.
Responsible for establishing, building and maintaining strong internal relationships across all lines of business to ensure consistent and frequent referral activities.
Expand new and existing relationships by advising and recommending appropriate solutions that will exceed client expectations.
Consistently meets or exceeds cross sell/referral goals.
- Six months customer service in a relationship-building business.
- One year experience in a goal-based environment.
- Proven ability to optimize sales opportunities with existing walk-in customers.
- Experience in banking preferred.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed goals.
- Exhibits the following: High School diploma required; advanced training/education preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Solid problem solving and decision making ability,
- high ‘learning on the fly‘-is a versatile and relentless learner, and
- Strong attention to detail.
- National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration required (preferred upon employment ).
Johnson Bank - 12 months ago
Johnson Financial Group is the holding company for Johnson Bank, which has more than 50 offices in Wisconsin and Arizona. Serving consumers...