UPS Freight, a leader in the LTL trucking industry, is currently seeking a Service Center Manager to plan, organize, manage, and direct all service center operations. This person oversees and is directly involved in all phases of the service center operation including, but not limited to, customer service, sales, customer interaction, and operations. This individual will be responsible to:
- Manage all financial aspects of the service center operation for profitable results including revenue attainment, cost control, and yield improvement.
- Recommend and initiate personnel actions such as hiring, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Assist account managers in the identification, acquisition, and retention of customers.
- Prepare and implement action plans to ensure planned productivity and service goals are achieved
- Prepare and manage safety, security, and loss prevention procedures in accordance with Company, OSHA, and DOT guidelines.
- Submit various financial and operational reports and action plans as directed
- Interpret, implement, and enforce Service Center Work Instructions and Company policies.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have basic computer skills
- Willing to relocate based on business needs and future career development
- Previous sales and operations experience in the transportation industry
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...