Ryerson, a leading distributor and processor of metals in the US, is currently seeking a Service Center Operations Supervisor to join our warehouse team in Norcross, GA. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be required to manage a workforce in safety, productivity, warehousing, quality, and housekeeping, through use of established procedures and processes. Must also have the ability to convey message both orally and written to all levels of the company.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Direct the efficient function of plant operations
• Understand production goals and implement actions necessary to meet objectives
• Supervise the filling of time-sensitive orders
• Backup to production scheduling
• Provides leadership to direct reports; coaches and counsels employees
• Facilitates problem solving team building activities
• Carries out and supports company policy, goals and objectives
• Understands quality goals and implement actions necessary to meet goals
• Ensure training is effectively carried out and oversee completion of training checklist
• Communicate with other departments within facility as well as other Ryerson locations
• Understand customer requirements, participate and advise on decisions regarding suitability of material and processing capabilities
• Provide direction and coaching in safe work practices: support safety goals
• Review unsafe conditions and ensure corrective actions are carried out to eliminate workplace hazards
• HS Diploma
•1-3yrs supervisory experience in a warehouse setting
• Knowledge of all warehouse machine and equipment operations
• Basic knowledge in mechanical, electrical, hydralics a plus.
• Knowledge in cut to length, slitting and burning a plus.
• Certifications in training obtained, e.g. fork lift, crane, first aid, a plus.
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Knowledge of metal fabrication equipment (plasma, oxy burn, plasma punch, etc)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Ryerson is an international, diversified company that processes and distributes metals. The company serves industries including aerospace,...