Ryerson Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a Service Center Operator to join our warehouse team in Norcross, GA. Reporting to the Operations Manager or appointed lead person, your will be responsible for operating the CNC Burning Machine with oxy-fuel and plasma torches to produce regular and irregular shapes from plate.
• Performs all functions associated with the operation of the CNC burning machine.
Start up and shut down procedures.
Transfer of programs to and from the host computer, setting up the programs to produce required parts, originating programs from standard shapes, modifying programs from oxy-fuel to plasma and from plasma to oxy-fuel, adjusting kerf settings
• Understands all functions on CNC burner - plasma cutting tips, nozzle size and speed charts, oxy-fuel cutting tips and gas pressures, kerf settings, amperage settings, and appropriate instruction manuals
• Uses knowledge of machine to assist maintenance personnel in maintaining and trouble shooting its system
• Uses and understands measuring instruments - tape measure, protractor, level, and micrometer
• Checks material for grade, thickness, and size
• Reads prints, determines tolerances and checks parts against prints to ensure quality of parts being cut. Based on the appearance and quality of the parts being produced, makes appropriate adjustments to the processes, such as travel speed, tip size, tip replacement, gas pressures, kerf compensation, torch height, and other factors as needed to produce the desired quality
• Other duties as directed by supervision
• High school diploma or GED
• 2 years prior experience operating Burny 10 controller.
• Basic Computer Skills are required
• Must be able to read, write, have knowledge of basic mathematics and read a tape measure.
• Must be able to pass physical capacity requirements for the position.
• In house crane and fork lift certification required
• Must be able to work any shift.
• Knowledge of steel is a plus but not necessary.
• Basic math skills
• Basic computer skills and/or comfort using a computer
• Physical ability to pass physical requirements exam for vision, hearing and mobility
Ryerson - 10 months ago