The Home provides programs and services for these children and young adults in crisis:
Full-time, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with some evenings required.
- Medically fragile and terminally ill children who require 24-hour-a-day skilled nursing care.
- Those who require emergency care due to abuse, abandonment, neglect or are homeless; or who need foster care.
- To homeless, pregnant, or parenting teens, and their family members needing case management, education, parenting, and independent living skills.
- Children with autism & special needs.
- Young adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, are in crisis due to mental health or abuse, and to families who are struggling to maintain their children in their homes to provide stability and skills for self-sufficiency.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
a) Has a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree in a behavioral science from a college or university. A behavioral science shall include: Psychology, Sociology, Social work, Special education, Human services, if the curriculum includes thirty (30) hours of course work on the understanding of individual, family and social behavior, and the department approves the transcript identifying the course work;
b) Has completed the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time employment working directly with children after completion of educational requirements. A master's degree in a behavioral science may substitute for the one (1) year of experience;
The primary purpose this job position is case coordination, including service planning with external agencies, follow-up contact and community resource mobilization on behalf of client and families served. Duties include facility and outreached-based activities, social services, education and crisis intervention as needed to assist contacted clients and families in securing and maintaining a healthy and responsible community lifestyle.
The Home offers a family friendly atmosphere with outstanding benefits that include an option for FREE health insurance (single coverage for employee only). Other benefits include health insurance, life, and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan and up to 25-30 paid days off per year.
- Bachelor Degree in a Human Services field
City of Louisville, KY - 20 months ago