- Position requires being able to work a flexible work schedule. Center is open 7 days per week/24 hours per day.
Under general supervision, monitor fire, security, and building automation systems throughout the District.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following
Provides security monitoring for all MPS facilities; notifies police, fire, engineering and other MPS staff when problems are identified in an MPS facility; reports operational irregularities to supervisor.
- Performs work within scope of authority and training; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Monitors Building Automation Systems throughout the District; manipulates system controls according to policy and procedures.
- Coordinates and follows up on District-wide work requests using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS); responds to service requests with appropriate actions.
- Coordinates dispatching of resources to resolve service issues as needed; monitors execution and completion of work orders, and assists as requested.
- Inputs data to MPS computer systems on work orders, service requests, administrative information, activity logs, asset information, and other District operational records; compiles data for reports.
- Utilizes proper safety precautions in all work performed.
- Reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries; reports security issues and illegal activities.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
- Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
- At times may be required to work outside normal business hours and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
High School Diploma or GED equivalent; AND some computer experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
Basic principles of record keeping and records management.
- Building maintenance procedures.
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Communicating clearly and concisely, and relaying details accurately.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Following verbal and written instructions.
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
: AFSCME A10 $19.97/hr
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us (click on Careers).
In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply.
Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested.
Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee.
Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
Minneapolis Public Schools - 18 months ago