Service Department Manager- RDO Equipment Company
RDO Equipment Company is dedicated to being a great place to work; energizing the creativity, talents, and entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We offer competitive wages and profit sharing. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, paid vacation, and holidays.
We are looking for a Service Department Manager in our
location. This individual will provide leadership in motivating, managing, and evaluating service team members. They will manage the service operations to ensure customer satisfaction.
Specific Duties Include:
- Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of the store.
- Coach and mentor service department employees on a regular basis with regards to efficiency, productivity, rework, and gross margin.
- Accountable for ensuring all RDO Equipment Co. policies and procedures are followed within the store.
- Ensure customer satisfaction. Work with the service team to know the customer’s current and future expectations and work with all store departments to resolve customer concerns.
- Understand and communicate the quarterly Profit Sharing program to employees.
- Manage the scheduling of all service work and assignments.
- Manage the timecard review and signoff for all technicians.
- Ensure work orders are charged out in a timely, profitable manner.
- Ensure the processing of warranty claims timely monitoring of warranty sub-ledger for all pieces of equipment.
- Manage and maintain company property, including shop, equipment, and vehicles. Inventory company-purchased tools and follow checkout guidelines.
- Facilitate or participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Review monthly Risk Management Report by location with the General/Store Manager.
- Create and monitor annual service department benchmarks and budget, in alignment with the company’s financial and operational objectives.
- Review all receivables at least monthly. Establish collection plans and monitor aggressively.
- Ensure that appropriate communications take place throughout the location/s by facilitating/participating in monthly open-book meetings, conducting regular team meetings, encouraging an open-door policy, and proactively seeking feedback from team members.
- Foster a great place to work environment within the location/s, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
- Lead and manage all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive and that all team members are committed to creating solutions and long term relationships with customers.
- Ensure that the company/location reputation and image in the community is consistent with RDO Equipment Co. Core Values, and that business relationships with all stakeholders are not compromised.
- Manage the evaluation, allocation, and management of physical and financial resources and administer the hiring, development/training, management, evaluation, and effective assignment of people resources.
- Responsible for ensuring that sound and safe business practices and processes are implemented and continuously improved to effectively and efficiently achieve ethical business objectives.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
We are a proud Vermeer Equipment dealership with 60 locations across the U.S. EOE.
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Industry experience preferred
- College degree preferred
Jan 30, 2013, 10:08:13 AM
Vermeer's products have the power to move the earth. The company manufactures a slew of production and farm equipment, distributed...