Posting date: March 25, 2013
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support, customer relationship management and providing statistical analysis to the customer. The successful candidate will provide complete services on Chromatography systems (HPLC, IC) including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. The Field Service Representative will also coordinate resources and work with the Service Team to deliver technical expertise to customers with high-quality results to ensure high-customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of Dionex Ion Chromatographs, Liquid Chromatographs, Automated Solvent Extractors, and Chromatography Data Software (Chromeleon).
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and other field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Location: The territory covers the state of Iowa. This position would be field-based in Cedar Rapids or Des Moines (preferred).
- Bachelors Degree in Sciences or related field preferred
- 3 years hands-on experience as a Field Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation.
- Hands-on experience with Chromatography instruments (HPLC, IC) is a plus.
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 60% within the territory or other areas as required
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and...