Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Over 110 years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated: Fair and Square. Today, rooted in this rich legacy, we are re-imagining every aspect of our business in order to reclaim our birthright and become America’s favorite store. The truth is, we’re fine growing old. We’re not fine with growing stale. So we are throwing open the windows and letting in some fresh air. With 1,100 stores and jcp.com, we’re focused on delivering an exciting, new shopping experience that is in sync with the rhythm of our customers’ lives through exceptionally curated merchandise, artful presentation and unmatched customer service. Most critical to our success is enlisting the industry’s best talent to fuel our transformation and help change the way America shops for goods
The Service Leader will drive sales and profit by engaging their team in providing a fair and square experience to our customers and deliver on the mission of being America’s Favorite Store. Reporting to the Store Leader, the Service Leader is a visible leader that oversees the Lead Experts in the store. This high energy leader will drive service, sales floor presentation, team development and in store events.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Reviews Sales performance to identify and prioritize areas of opportunity and then takes action to allocate resources and provide team direction to maximize sales.
- Participates in the Talent Management Process by partnering with the Talent Resource Leader in the sourcing, selection and succession planning process.
- Develops the team by actively coaching in the moment and frequently conducting developmental conversations.
- Actively walks the floor and strategizes with the Merchandise Execution Leader to plan for upcoming sales floor transitions.
- Drives merchandising decisions with sales floor presentation, replenishment, and recovery. Provides direction to the team to address issues that have the biggest impact on the customer.
- Creates a service culture with the team and proactively leads by example through customer engagement.
jcpenney is transforming itself to become “America’s Favorite Store”
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent leadership experience
- Embraces and cultivates a CustomerFirst environment
- Passion for Retail
- High energy that sets clear expectations and empowers others to build capability and engagement
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
We are committed to diversity. jcpenney is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
J. C. Penney - 23 months ago