Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla Motors is looking for an experienced Service Manager to work on one of the most progressive vehicles in the world. We are seeking professional customer service experience and excellent oral and written communication skills. If you are interested in contributing to an amazing customer experience, we want you leading our service teams. We are looking for self-motivated team players with a positive attitude! We seek individuals who value customer satisfaction. The Service Manager is a key contributor in the Tesla experience. The Service Manager will provide communication to our customers on maintenance and repair needs that are identified during service. He / She will manage the Store Service Operations as well as providing active technical support in the store. It is a hands-on management role.
- Manage shop team, parts operations and scheduling
- Performs service writing and counsel
- Manages warranty and cost savings
- Performs Master Technician work in the inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles.
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Perform equipment inspections, adjustments and maintenance
- Maintain records of time, materials and work performed
- Order shop supplies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2 - 5 years of service management experience at a franchised dealer
- 2- 5 years of service writing experience.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and an Associate Degree in Automotive Technology from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 3-5 yrs experience in a dealership environment.
- ASE certifications A1-A8
- Hybrid experience a Bonus
- Factory trained master status / OEM training
- Certification to repair A/C systems and handle refrigerant
- Valid driver’s license and insurance required
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles including testing, diagnosis, HVAC service, hydraulic, brakes, testing and repair of electronic systems and modules.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment.
- Knowledge of automotive equipment and servicing methods
- Knowledge of extensive skill and experience using scan tools, following diagnostics and operating scopes/DVOM equipment
- Knowledge of chemicals and lubricants used in automotive servicing
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
- Ability to perform daily record keeping and reporting
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals
- Ability to maintain and perform top level professional integrity and appearance as an automotive technician
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Tesla Motors - 2 years ago
Tesla Motors intends to spark the public's passion and eco-conscience for electric vehicles. Founded in 2003, the company...