National Grid is presently looking for candidates to fill the Service Representative positions in in Albany, Schenectady and Troy, NY. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), vacation, tuition assistance and more.
Our business is seeking Service Representatives that under general supervision will work on electric and gas residential and small commercial utility services, perform installations, removal or changes of gas and electric meters, turn off, turn on and light gas appliances, respond to electric and gas emergencies; responding to safety and service work investigations in the field, conduct field collections for overdue bills, able to work off of a ladder, satisfy all mandated inspections and programs; do piping work up to and including two inches to the point of delivery; perform metering services activities including, but not limit to the following:
All Service Representative Helper and A Classifications
Connect/Cut-in/change/set gas meters
Investigate irregular metering type investigation
Set/change 2-wire single phase up to 120/208 network meters
Perform A-base conversions
Issue warning tags
Respond to fire calls (electric and gas)
Respond to arcing wires, identify down wires and broken poles
Investigate no lights/partial lights
Investigate stopped/noisy meter (electric and gas)
Respond to carbon monoxide (make safe)
Respond to no heat (light pilot only) calls
Respond to, classify and repair gas leaks (inside and outside).
Turn on/light up of services
Investigate no gas, gas pressure calls
Set/install primary and secondary regulators
Remove mercury regulators
Fitting work up to 2”
Survey possible leaks of service
Not afraid of heights
Candidates must be capable of moderately strenuous work and possess an aptitude for mechanical, gas and electrical work. Additionally, candidates should possess very good interpersonal and communication skills, a positive attitude and be motivated and dependable while representing the company. This position interacts with customers directly to satisfy customer’s requests and complaints.
In order to proceed in the process, you must be able to pass pre-employment assessments, including a demonstration of job skills, background check and drug/alcohol and physical screening .
The preferred candidate would:
Reside in or within 35 miles of either in Albany, Schenectady and Troy, NY. Have the ability to travel during company “call outs” for storm duty
Job Qualifications :
If you posses the job qualifications detailed above and wish to work as part of a team, we invite you to apply for this position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Associates Degree in Electrical Construction
- Preferred: 3-5 years of residential/commercial electrical and/or gas experience and troubleshooting HVAC, gas, electrical experience
- Ability and willingness to work all shift/schedules, including holidays, nights, weekends and overtime as required/necessary
- Must be available to respond to emergency call outs
- Must be available to respond to mutual aid requests for extended periods of time during storm situations both locally and out of the general geographic area
- Must have good computer/keyboarding skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to interact with customers face to face on a daily basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive all types of vehicles and equipment in adverse conditions, in a safe manner.
Monster - 2 years ago
It's not gridlock but a lock on the Grid that is a good thing for National Grid. It is the sole owner and operator of the electricity...