National Grid is presently looking for candidates to fill the Service Representative Helper positions in Glens Falls, NY. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), vacation, tuition assistance and more.
Our business is seeking Service Representative Helpers, that under general supervision, will read customers' meters as assigned and record data using a variety of media; upload/download meter reading data in Itron; read and reset demand registers; report all inactive meters showing use and obtain name and previous address of user, if possible; report all defective meters and irregular conditions; report all suspected thefts and gas leaks upon discovery; list all skipped readings and retrace route to pick up skips. This is a Non-Progression Job.
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
Drive and operate Automated Meter Reading equipment and upload/download data Report unusual conditions Reset demand meters and install reset seals Install temporary meter seals Verify meter number and read Check multiplier and constant "Read meter only" type service orders, i.e. verify meter number, check estimate read Assist with gas fitting work AMR/ ERT functional check (Read One) Guard down wires during storms following initial identification.
May also be utilized as a rider for designated two-person areas; assist with higher level metering services work and deployed for emergency work to stand by down wires.
Candidates should possess very good interpersonal and communication skills, a positive attitude and be motivated and dependable while representing the company. This position interacts with customers directly to satisfy customer’s requests and complaints.
In order to proceed in the process, you must be able to pass pre-employment assessments, including a demonstration of job skills, background check and drug/alcohol and physical screening.
The preferred candidate shall:
Reside in or within 35 miles of Glens Falls, NY. Have the ability to travel during company “call outs” for storm duty.
Job Qualifications :
If you posses the job qualifications detailed above and wish to work as part of a team, we invite you to apply for this position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Associates Degree in Electrical Construction or HVAC
- Preferred: 3-5 years of residential/commercial electrical and/or gas experience and troubleshooting HVAC, gas, electrical experience
- Ability and willingness to work all shift/schedules, including holidays, nights, weekends and overtime as required/necessary
- Must be available to respond to emergency call outs
- Must be available to respond to mutual aid requests for extended periods of time during storm situations both locally and out of the general geographic area
- Must have good computer/keyboarding skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to interact with customers face to face on a daily basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive all types of vehicles and equipment in adverse conditions, in a safe manner.
- Must be capable of moderately strenuous work.
It's not gridlock but a lock on the Grid that is a good thing for National Grid. It is the sole owner and operator of the electricity...