Assists Food & Nutrition Service Department in multiple areas to include cashier, attendants, servery, steward, and production assistants as assigned. Following and upholding their job responsibilities outlined in that position’s established best practices. Greets customers while maintaining access control to the dining room. Tracks and accounts for the volume of customers entering dining area. Responsible for accurate reporting of coupon and cash sales during assigned shift. Maintains and monitors salad bar, hotline and servery ensuring the highest level of products and service are readily available in a clean and well maintained servery and dining room. Maintains dish room responsibilities when scheduled as a steward. Continuously demonstrates a “no problem”& “my pleasure” response to customer requests. Takes pride in overall appearance of dining/servery area. Leads by example. Some functions may be specific to a Training Center location, such as, but not limited to daily job assignments, work environment, and report to structures.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Controls access to the dining room following USOC Food and Nutrition Services guidelines and reporting all issues of concern to the Food & Nutrition Service Supervisor or Management. Builds and maintains customer rapport and good will.
2. Sells coupons to qualified customers, reconciling records and monies for such sales on daily basis with the Food and Nutrition Services Supervisor.
3. Answers telephones in a pleasant and efficient manner, handling inquiries and requests for the Department. Maintains confidentiality. Able to handle customer comments and inquiries.
4. Maintains accurate reports to include meal count. Assists with any other clerical duties as assigned.
5. Keeps management informed of any VIP clients and/or vendors requesting access to the dining room prior to entrance. Ensures a safe and secure environment for athletes and guests.
6. Maintains awareness of all policies and procedures of the Food and Nutrition Services Department, the USOC [U.S. Olympic Committee], and OTC [Olympic Training Center]. Provides excellent customer service within these guidelines.
7. Assists with quality assurance of dining function. Maintains general sanitation and cleanliness of dining access area, building entry area, and dining areas. Stocks supplies, coffee and juice machines.
8. Assists with opening or closing procedures of dining area to include maintaining supply stocks in the servery. Ensures all menu signs are posted and accurate. Posts Department/complex closure notifications in a minimum of 72 hours in advance.
Servery/Dining Attendant Functions
1. Keeps trays, silverware, glasses, mugs, napkins, and condiments stocked at all times.
2. Monitors and maintains supply, cleanliness and sanitation and condiment pumps and counters, beverage stations, tables, chairs and barstools. Keeps organized throughout shift.
3. Follows proper procedures for wet floor cleanups. Assist with sweeping servery line floor and emptying trash in a timely manner.
4. Assists with maintaining stock of supplies and cleanliness of servery line, beverage counter, frozen dessert counter, and dining room area.
5. Ensures salad bar and hotline setup is presented as directed. Communicates food levels to Chef and Production Specialist in a timely manner:
a. Responsible for completing and delivery carry out lunches.
b. Monitors mobile food bars to meet menu demands.
c. Responsible for cleaning and organizing pass through refrigerators and/or warmers in assigned area.
d. Responsible to finish-off cooking pasta for pasta bar and cook to order pasta during down times to ensure quality product throughout meal service.
e. Communicates with Bakers on bakery product needs, i.e., breads, muffins, rolls.
f. Communicates with Sous Chef or Pantry Specialist on remaining product levels prior and during shift to ensure supply meets demand, and remains familiar with what foods require more prep time.
6. Monitors proper food temperature hourly throughout shift on all potentially hazardous foods served on the hot line and salad bar. Responsible for sanitation of entire line to include servery/dining areas and restocking of supplies.
7. Cleans and organizes the pass through warmer and/or refrigerator during assigned shift. Questions regarding product quality/dates need to be reported to Sous Chef or Pantry Specialist immediately.
8. Turns in all production paperwork to Food & Nutrition Services Supervisor at end of shift.
9. Supports dish room staff by pulling out china, trays, flatware, glasses etc. to ensure sufficient stocks are available for service at all times. Assists dish room as needed.
10. Assists chef and specialist in production as needed:
a. Follows preparation directions given by chef, specialist or baker.
b. Assists in display/presentation of final products.
c. Communicates with chef/baker/specialist to ensure quality service expectations.
1. Operates dish machine to ensure all china, silverware, and utensils are consistently clean.
2. Washes, sanitizes, and properly stores pots and pans and all small wares to their appropriate place of storage.
3. Sets up and breaks down both dish machine and pot and pan areas.
4. Maintains the sanitation, cleanliness and order of work area, assigned cleaning areas, and other service areas. Responsible for following master cleaning schedule assignments for this area.
5. Capable of floating in and out of any above-listed responsibility as directed.
6. Reports all incidents/accidents to Management immediately. Completes necessary documentation.
7. Takes initiative to suggest improvements to the operating format, communicates ideas about improving and maintaining standards in their area, and fills in as needed to assure efficient operations. Follows up and follows through on daily production/tasks lists to ensure completion and turns in paperwork at end of shift.
8. Follows policies and procedures of the USOC, OTC and the Department. Complies with OSHA work and Health Department food safety regulations. Upholds USOC code of ethics.
9. Maintains a professional demeanor, punctual, neat and clean in appearance, shows respect for equipment, utensils, and supplies, demonstrates pride in the Department and in their work. Builds and maintains good working relationships with all members of Food & Nutrition Services, and Management team. Provides excellent customer service by demonstrating a “can do” and “my pleasure” outlook, flexible in approach, pleasant in manner, even tempered, friendly, cooperates with others, patient with unexpected change, helps tasks flow smoothly, is a team player. Contributes to a positive environment. Willingly supports Department’s goals of providing World Class Service.
10. Embraces and supports USOC’s Olympic Culture and Key Behaviors.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- High School graduate or G.E.D., with ability to read, write and comprehend at an 8th grade level minimum.
- 1 year experience as Steward or other Food Service work preferred.
- Knowledge of proper use of chemicals. Follows OSHA regulations.
- Basic Food Safety knowledge required; Serve Safe Certified preferred.
- Knowledge of dish machine, power washers, and other equipment in assigned work area.
- Minimum starting age 16 years in compliance with child labor laws.
- Valid driver’s license to operate Department motor vehicles.
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- Ability to lift/move 50 pounds with buddy system.
- Provides good customer service to internal customers as well as external customers. Able to communicate effectively and be a team player.
- Maintains confidentiality on USOC and Department matters
- Well groomed, always demonstrates good personal hygiene.
- Leads by example, able to train others of daily routine.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail. Completes all work assignments.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Tools and Equipment
Box Opener, Microwave Disposal, Mobile Tray/Dish Racks, Ice Machine, Various Knives, Dish Machine/Tray Carousel, Trash Dumpsters, Hurri Wash, Rotisserie, Juice Machine, Hot Wells, Coffee Urn, Panini Grill, Chemical Dispenser, Tea Brewer, Toaster, Telephone, Copy Machine, Motor Vehicles, Steam Cabinet, Printer, Fax Machine, Pallet Jack, Calculator, Mixer, Eye Wash Sink, Hand Truck, Alto Sham, Turnstile, Braising Pan, Meat Slicer, Ovens, Buffalo Chopper, Computer, Broiler, Kettle, Gas Range/Stoves, Fryer, Soft Serve Machine, Proof Box, Tilt Skillet, Thermofinisher, Pasta Cooker, Rice Cooker, AV Equipment, Induction Burner, Dessert Cabinet, Milk Dispenser, Recovery Bar Unit, Espresso Machine, Hot Chocolate Machine, Trash Can Cleaner, Sensormatic.
Work Location: Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center
- Ability to work flexible schedule of various shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Adapt to change in a positive manner to support USOC Mission and its departments.
- Exposed to extreme temperature working conditions.
- Prolonged standing, minimal sitting.
- Various repetitive motions to include but not limited to bending, kneeling, and reaching, and ability to lift 50 pounds using the buddy system.
- Must wear safety-lift belt when lifting 50 lbs. or more, or assigned repetitive lifting of over 20 lbs.
- Exposure to chemicals and use in compliance with OSHA guidelines
- Ability and desire to do whatever it takes to successfully meet USOC and Department mission.
- Shared work space.
United States Olympic Committee - 17 months ago
Friendship, solidarity, and fair play are the watchwords for this sports organization. United States Olympic Committee (USOC) is the...