Service Supervisor - Crane America
Reports to: Service Manager/ Branch Manager
The Service Supervisor will manage and plan daily job scheduling, providing excellent service to area customer base. The successful candidate will manage and motivate team of Service Technicians including operations, planning, budget setting, and cost control and profit maximization. Candidate will have a proven track record in managing and developing people, a demonstrated ability to establish and accomplish goals and priorities, and the ability to recognize, develop, and utilize resources and achieve outcomes that consistently exceed customers' expectations.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Job planning.
- Manage, motivate and lead daily work activities of Service Technicians.
- Ensure professionalism and a high customer service standard.
- Expedite service orders and calls, if necessary.
- Sell repairs and follow up work.
- Develop quotes in a timely manner.
- Schedule preventive maintenance and repair activities on equipment.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints.
- Complete, process and route appropriate paperwork.
- Provide a high level of communication with both Customer and Office.
- Source difficult to find parts.
- Inspect overhead crane and hoist.
- Troubleshoot and repair overhead material handling equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment (strong knowledge of motor controls.)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONSIDERATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, 2 year technical degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with Overhead Crane Maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory for power and controls.
- Thorough knowledge of the mechanical systems of cranes/hoists.
- Thorough knowledge of simple structural elements.
- Understanding of the OSHA/ANSI standard (is required).
- Previous experience running a service department is desired
- Ability to foster teamwork with peers in Operations and Office.
- Resourceful in getting the job done.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Thorough understanding of the financials for a service company.
- A clean driving record.
- Other task as assigned.
- Work various environments and working conditions depending on assignment.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Working at heights & some heavy lifting.
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending, driving, reading, seeing, hearing, speaking, concentrating, communicating.
Monster - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...