Ski and Snowboard Service Technician : Part-Time, Seasonal
Specialty Sports Venture (SSV)
San Jose, CA
Since 1972, Any Mountain stores have been outfitting Bay Area enthusiasts with outdoor, skiing and snowboarding equipment. We are looking for service-oriented employees who are passionate about the outdoors, our products and educating customers. Any Mountain is the proud recipient of the 2013 Bay Area Top Places to Work award.
Experience of a Lifetime . More than just our mission, these words describe Vail Resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work for Vail Resorts and its subsidiary SSV, is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
The Service Technician is responsible for assisting in store service operations, to expertly provide quality tunes and repairs, and to offer a world-class customer experience, contributing to the success of the team and the entire company.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Acknowledge customers quickly and courteously
- Determine customer equipment needs
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
- Have the ability to properly identify when a ski/snowboard requires a tune, recommend which tune will best benefit their equipment, and be able to sharpen, wax and drill equipment
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Service and repair customer merchandise according to established guidelines
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment
- Ensure pricing is accurate and current including any and all promotions
- 1 year service technician experience - preferred
- Ski and/or snowboard tuning experience - preferred
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the ski and snowboard industry
- Previous retail sales and customer service experience - preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the register
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
Learn more about Specialty Sports Venture and Any Mountain
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Specialty Sports Venture (SSV), a majority owned subsidiary. SSV operates over 170 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denver’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Compensation: Starting at $10.00 per hour, depending upon experience
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Excellent training and professional development
- Free ski pass to our world-class resorts; including Kirkwood, Heavenly and Northstar
- Retail discounts at our stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Value. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 11 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...