The Service Technician is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the apartment community in accordance with Shea Properties standards, policies and procedures. The Service Technician performs carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, masonry, appliance and other general and preventative maintenance repairs.
The Service Technician, as with all Shea team members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.
Click Here to apply for this position.
- Follows all safety procedures and regulations
- Performs specific carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, appliance repair, HVAC, masonry and other general maintenance duties in accordance with Company standards and local city, state and federal building codes when applicable. May repair/maintain various property emergency and security systems.
- Performs maintenance service requests (work orders) for the apartment community and completes related paper work in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Performs scheduled maintenance turnover work on vacant apartments utilizing the move-in/move-out checklist, detailed unit status report, and company policies and procedures.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance in accordance with the community’s preventative maintenance program.
- Under the direction, organizes parts and materials required for maintenance service requests and plans maintenance work in advance to ensure efficient completion of all maintenance work.
- Assists in maintaining inventory by properly monitoring and recording inventory items.
- Maintains all storage facilities, equipment and the maintenance workshop in a neat and orderly working condition.
- Regularly provides information to the Property Management Staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the community to ensure, high quality, safe living environment for the residents and marketability of the community.
- Retrieves and dispenses of any visible trash or garbage on the property in route to work assignments.
- Provides on-call maintenance for evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Provides and maintains his/ her own hand tools customarily used in the industry and building trades.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the community.
Knowledge and Experience
- Perform maintenance related tasks including painting, carpentry, electrical, appliance repair, HVAC, plumbing, and pool maintenance.
- Manage projects through planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Knowledge of First Aid and Safety procedures.
- Previous building/apartment related maintenance experience. Specialized courses in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, and carpentry preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Operate hand tools.
- Driver's License Required
- Must own Hand tools, drills, screwdriver, hammer etc.
The Service Technician works on-site at an apartment community and interfaces with external/internal customers, residents, and vendors on a regular basis. The position work schedule varies depending on the property. Hours are usually scheduled from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and are typically scheduled to work weekend days (Sat/Sun). Must be available to work over-time as needed and work on-call schedule. The Service Technician should be flexible with availability depending on the needs of the property. Must be able to travel as needed, 10-25% of the time.
The Service Technician physical condition must be sufficient for the consistent and successful completion of the specific responsibilities defined for this position and for his/her performance to be in complete conformance with all professional standards defined for this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, and hear. May be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and operate power tools. Must be able to occasionally drive during the course of work.
J.F. Shea Co., Inc. - 6 months ago