The On-Site Service Technician is often the single most responsible individual for resident satisfaction. Not only does the Service Technician play a key role in the resident's comfort, their service often includes more interaction with the residents than any other on-site personnel. It is therefore essential that the Service Technician portray a professional, courteous, and caring attitude while on the job.
The following qualifications must be met to be considered for the position of Service Technician:
In addition to the skills listed above, the Service Technician is responsible for completion of the following duties:
- Must be able to lift 80-100 lbs on a regular basis.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation with insurance and registration
- Must be available to assist in after-hours emergency situations (not applicable in all regions)
- Must be available for night/weekend call duty.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to perform the following duties:
- plumbing repairs
- repair/replace locks, smoke alarms
- replace screens
- appliance repair/installation
- electrical repairs
- roofing inspection/minor roof repair
- change AC filters
- HVAC repairs (must have HVAC certification if working with refrigerant)
- drywall repairs & painting
- replace broken windows
- carpet and pad repair/replacement
- comply with OSHA regulations
- Observe all precautions as outlined in the “Personal Safety” policy in the Maintenance Manual.
- Complete resident requested service orders on a timely basis. (Lincoln standard turnaround time for completion of service requests is 24 hours, unless circumstances dictate otherwise.)
- Complete all assigned maintenance work on vacant apartments within the Lincoln standard of 7 days or 5 business days.
- Comply with all Housing Guidelines, OSHA regulations and any applicable laws in your area regarding health, safety, or environment.
- Maintain mold logs, MSDS sheets
- Order maintenance supplies with approval from District Manager.
- Train newly-hired Service Technicians and/or Porters.
- Ensure building lights and timers are working properly.
- Install appliances as necessary.
- Assist District Manager/office personnel as needed in emergency situations.
- Consult with District Manager and/or Maintenance Director on major repairs, replacements and/or contracts.
- Attend meetings and seminars as requested by District Manager, Regional Property Manager or Maintenance Director.
Lincoln Property Company is one of the largest diversified real estate firms in the US, with development and investment properties in more...