The On-Site Service Technician is often the single most responsible individual for resident satisfaction. Not only does the Service Technician play a key role in the resident's comfort, their service often includes more interaction with the residents than any other on-site personnel. It is therefore essential that the Service Technician portray a professional, courteous, and caring attitude while on the job.
The following qualifications must be met to be considered for the position of Service Technician:
In addition to the skills listed above, the Service Technician is responsible for completion of the following duties:
- Must be able to lift 80-100 lbs on a regular basis.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation with insurance and registration
- Must be available to assist in after-hours emergency situations (not applicable in all regions)
- Must be available for night/weekend call duty.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to perform the following duties:
- plumbing repairs
- repair/replace locks, smoke alarms
- replace screens
- appliance repair/installation
- electrical repairs
- roofing inspection/minor roof repair
- change AC filters
- HVAC repairs (must have HVAC certification if working with refrigerant)
- drywall repairs & painting
- replace broken windows
- carpet and pad repair/replacement
- comply with OSHA regulations
- Observe all precautions as outlined in the “Personal Safety” policy in the Maintenance Manual.
- Complete resident requested service orders on a timely basis. (Lincoln standard turnaround time for completion of service requests is 24 hours, unless circumstances dictate otherwise.)
- Complete all assigned maintenance work on vacant apartments within the Lincoln standard of 7 days or 5 business days.
- Comply with all Housing Guidelines, OSHA regulations and any applicable laws in your area regarding health, safety, or environment.
- Maintain mold logs, MSDS sheets
- Order maintenance supplies with approval from District Manager.
- Train newly-hired Service Technicians and/or Porters.
- Ensure building lights and timers are working properly.
- Install appliances as necessary.
- Assist District Manager/office personnel as needed in emergency situations.
- Consult with District Manager and/or Maintenance Director on major repairs, replacements and/or contracts.
- Attend meetings and seminars as requested by District Manager, Regional Property Manager or Maintenance Director.
Lincoln Property Company - 18 months ago
Lincoln Property Company is one of the largest diversified real estate firms in the US, with development and investment properties in more...