METTLER TOLEDO is the global leader in the manufacturing, marketing and service of precision instruments for use in industrial, laboratory and food retailing applications. We have one of the largest Global Service and Sales organizations among precision instrument companies. We are seeking Field Service Technicians to support multiple business areas throughout the US.
Industrial Field Service Technician
Retail Field Service Technician
- Installation, inspection, calibration, repair and maintenance of industrial weighing and measuring equipment.
- Complete service documents and test reports for review with customers and submission to home office.
- Provide consultation and quotations on product and services.
- Participate in the marketing and sales effort of the Service organization to expand service revenues.
Balance Field Service Technician
- Sets up standard and special purpose measurement equipment in customers facilities.
- Disassembles instruments and equipment and inspects components for defects.
- Aligns, repairs, replaces, and balances component parts and circuitry.
- Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
- Complies with ISO calibration standards when required by the customer.
- Installs new equipment in customer's facilities.
- Troubleshoots and repairs industry related products without assistance.
- Performs calibrations and preventative maintenance duties.
- Achieves assigned revenue targets while staying under budget
- Complies with ISO standards and maintains proper parts inventory levels
- Interfaces with sales to meet customer requirements.
- Assists and cooperates with Service Support Representatives whenever necessary. Insures productivity standards are met and includes assurance of data integrity of the service database.
- Ensures customer uptime requirements are met and that PM work at assigned account is completed on time.
- Resolve first line customer complaints and helps resolve invoicing problems.
- Follows and adheres to all service requirements and procedures
- Is proactive in promoting and selling service and products.
- Performs service on special products as designated by Service Team Manager.
- Maintains inventory levels necessary to meet a high First Time Fix Rate while remaining within the company guidelines.
METTLER TOLEDO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. We provide a service vehicle, uniforms, personal protective equipment, and specialized tools. Employees are eligible for coverage under our broad-based insurance programs, including basic medical, dental, and major medical. We also provide each employee with paid life insurance and paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance. We recognize the importance of financial planning and offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan.
- Must have clean driving record
- Basic knowledge of PC computers and MS Office software.
- Knowledge of SAP and other industry specific software programs.
- Ability to operate a Blackberry and/or Smartphone.
- Must be able to maneuver 50+ lbs.
- Prefer field repair and maintenance experience.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical maintenance and electronics.
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods.
- Familiar with OSHA regulations and proper use of required apparatus.
- Travel out of town for training. There may be overnight assignments within designated territory.
- Must pass pre-employment physical/drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
To find out more about METTLER TOLEDO and our products please view our YouTube video at http://www.youtube.com/user/mettlertoledo?ve6MGN3yj0t8.