Job Category: Services & Consulting
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Job ID: 801722-97872
Division: Services & Support
Do your customers see you as their trusted advisor, ensuring that all of the services your organization provides to them are delivered successfully and help them achieve their business objectives? Have you got a reputation for driving revenue growth through exceptional services delivery with your managed accounts? Then, we may just have a perfect opportunity for you!
As the size and complexity of Microsoft Services grows, we’ve determined that it is critical to provide strategic guidance to our largest customers on a full-time basis to ensure optimal success. Customers who have the potential to invest significantly with Microsoft Services represent extraordinary opportunities to manage and sustain growth, as well as maximizing business results.
Grasping this opportunity requires a senior leader to be the single-point-of-contact for the work we are doing at such accounts, tightly aligned with other Microsoft groups. Asserting effective influence and impact can only be achieved if a close partnership with customer executives is in place. To reach this level of access and collaboration, we provide our largest customers with the option for a Services Account Executive (SAE).
Services Account Executive
The SAE is assigned to a single account and is focused on developing and maintaining executive relationships and providing close oversight to all on-going Microsoft deliverables and commitments. Beyond ensuring success at a tactical/engagement level, the SAE works with customer executives to develop, plan and implement innovative strategies that generate long-term business value and competitive advantage.
The SAE becomes a trusted advisor to senior executives within the assigned account by actively participating with the Microsoft and customer teams in identifying and creatively solving complex problems, envisioning and enabling critical processes, and fundamentally helping the customer achieve their objectives. The SAE provides relevant, thoughtful and prescriptive advice, grounded in relevant experience, with clarity and objectivity.
The SAE will be expected to deliver exceptional results in the following areas:
To accomplish these responsibilities, the SAE will:
- Customer Satisfaction
- New work sold and billed revenue commitments
- Coordination of all Services and third party delivery resources assigned to the account
- Achievement of sales targets through working closely with EPG and Services Sales
- Close collaboration with Premier to support sales and delivery commitments
- Fulfilling the player-coach role by being “hands on” from a delivery perspective
This position is a US subsidiary-wide role with assignment to an individual customer account for 2 to 3 years. Over time, the SAE should expect to move across US regions based upon client demands. While engaged at a customer, the Services Account Executive will also be accountable to the Regional General Manager for the applicable region.
- Work closely with clients throughout the full engagement lifecycle - from problem identification through value delivery
- Collaborate with Microsoft Engagement Managers and Project Managers to develop work plans and staffing requirements.
- Oversee all aspects of project delivery
- Ensure that all services are conducted in such a manner that the results are both distinctive in quality and valuable to the customer
- Manage overall project activities to be on time and on-budget while ensuring a high level of engagement and satisfaction among the Microsoft team
- Provide regular, direct and action-able feedback to the project team and ensure the continuing development and learning of junior people on the team
- Work with Microsoft Sales teams in support of business development activities
- Potentially travel extensively (80%+) if the SAE is assigned to an account outside of their city of residence.
The capability to be effective requires a senior executive who has held strategic leadership roles within Microsoft and/or executive leadership positions within global services or Fortune 1000 corporations. The ability to easily and effectively connect and related to senior customer executives is an imperative. The Services Account Executive will have a deep understanding of markets, customers and related technology; have the background to provide leadership in the practice and a demonstrated effectiveness in consulting and client management.
Additional requirements include:
If you find this opportunity to be compelling and can demonstrate your ability to excel as a Services Account Executive, we would like to explore the possibilities with you as soon as possible!
- Minimum of 5 years of consulting experience with a major consulting, technology or professional services firm;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience at Fortune 1000 companies with 5 of those years in an executive role;
- Demonstrated capability in managing large complex projects;
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain senior client relationships;
- Exceptional communication, team building and mentoring skills;
- Demonstrated capability in developing professional talent;
- Demonstrated ability to lead client and consulting teams; and
- MBA or equivalent, desirable.
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...