Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae helps turn education dreams into reality for 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, tuition insurance and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments.
The Servicing Specialist I is a Customer Service position. The role of the position is to:
- Provide accurate, clear, and concise responses to incoming student loan customer calls, with a focus on providing world class customer satisfaction.
- Perform processing functions necessary to facilitate first call resolution.
- Display a strong working knowledge of multiple loan programs and the many products offered with those programs. This includes understanding the complex rules and regulations pertaining to student loan servicing.
- Counsel customers on the various repayment options and Benefit Programs available to them throughout the life cycle of the loan.
- Remain flexible in shift adjustments to help department meet goals.
- Must complete Government Contract Security Clearance process.
- One year of Customer Service experience.
- Must be customer focused and service oriented.
- A willingness to be flexible with work hours and have excellent attendance.
- High School diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...