Do you want to make a difference in a fast growing company that has over 30 years of history managing successful apartment buildings in California and Nevada? Do you want to be part of a professional customer service oriented team? USA Properties Fund, Inc. is currently looking for a SharePoint Developer to join their team.
Our future SharePoint Developer's role will be to develop business-changing enterprise solutions with SharePoint 2010 and other leading-edge technologies. The individual will have experience developing web applications using Microsoft and compatible technologies including SharePoint 2007/2010, Visual Studio, VB.Net, and C#.
If you excel in a multi-tasking, team driven environment, with successful, positive people on your team, and you thrive in a dynamically changing environment, please apply!
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Job Classifications: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
STRATEGY & PLANNING:
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing SharePoint solutions.
- Design and develop portal content and applications that integrate with other enterprise systems and third party products.
- Integrate non-SharePoint related services into SharePoint applications as needed.
- Provide expertise and support to end users and other members of the IT support team.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Assist with the design of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets.
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
ACQUISITION & DEPLOYMENT:
- Conduct research on emerging database products and SharePoint development tools.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Design, create, and organize site collections that support efficient business process workflows. This includes participating in user interface design.
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Develop custom InfoPath workflows, web parts and BI reports using Excel Services and SSRS
- Work with business users and managers to document and analyze workflows that will be automated in SharePoint. Use that information to create requirements documents for SharePoint solutions.
- Work with developers to create customized solutions. This may include integrating third-party tools and/or custom code into SharePoint.
- Conduct research on emerging SharePoint development tools and strategies.
- Continually strive to improve the efficiency and usability of our SharePoint solutions, leveraging your ongoing research and understanding of business needs.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary meetings
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in multiple SharePoint roles: analyst, developer, administrator.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
Multiple years of experience with SharePoint implementations.
5 Years experience in .NET development.
5 Years experience with Microsoft IIS/Windows, or equivalent server platforms.
Experience with Microsoft SQL database administration is preferred.
Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Ability to interact/communicate effectively in a professional and pleasant manner with Vendors, Affiliates, Stakeholders, Corporate Shareholders and Company Employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts, and apply basic math concepts.
Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design.
Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
Working Knowledge of PMP or PMBOK project management methodology
Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
Knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards.
Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a variety of practical situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may occasionally call for minor deviations. Must be able to think rationally beyond a specific set of instructions. Must be able to work at a fast pace, perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to move about the office and access information using a computer and a telephone. The employee must travel by car or airplane to various locations to attend various conferences and seminars and offsite software and system development management.
Additionally, this employee must have the ability to perform work requiring lifting and or physical exertion. Occasionally, this employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals may be required. Must be physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Must have dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. The employee will typically be in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes vibrations or temperature changes. There will be frequent computer use at a workstation and frequent use of the telephone. The work usually requires working at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions. On occasions requiring travel, the work environment could vary - temperature fluctuations are typical when spending time outside at a property. Travel by car or airplane, including multiple overnight stays on occasion, will be required.
Overtime and after hours support is a requirement of this position.
Policies and Procedures
The employee in this position must be knowledgeable about the company’s policies and procedures as described in the company Employee Handbook.
USA Properties Fund - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard