The successful candidate must be skilled in architecting SharePoint applications using customization and configuration techniques. The candidate will work directly with customer project manager to assess the current environment, prepare for upgrading the environment to SharePoint 2010 platform, develop solutions using out-of-the box SharePoint features and where feature gaps are identified, design solutions which extend SharePoint and Office platforms through various customization techniques or integration of third party products.
Additional job functions include:
- Working with customers and their internal development teams in designing, administration and maintenance of SharePoint-based business solutions.
- Analyzing current SharePoint 2007 environment and provide guidance on effective migration path to the SharePoint 2010 platform.
- Developing SharePoint Governance plan and support developing best practices for developing SharePoint-based applications.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and able to attain a Government Security Clearance
- Hands-on experience designing SharePoint farm topology based on customer requirements
- Solid understanding of SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010 upgrade options and thorough knowledge of all SharePoint 2010 features
- Solid understanding of SharePoint administration, security configuration and high availability design
- Experience implementing and deploying custom features to enhance out of the box SharePoint features and functionality
- Experience designing solutions based on Microsoft Office InfoPath and Forms Server
- Experience designing solutions based on Microsoft Office Excel services
- Hands-on experience designing custom Web Parts using Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 / Windows SharePoint Foundation and .NET programming languages
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and technologies
- Experience in developing business solutions based on ADO.NET and ASP.NET
- Practical use of the Unified Modeling Language (UML), Design Patterns, and other architectural principals
- Experience developing solutions which involve relational database technologies using platforms like SQL Server and Oracle
- Familiarity of object-oriented design and use of service oriented architecture frameworks including related technologies such as SOAP, WSDL, and Web Services
Procentrix - 21 months ago