SharePoint Infrastructure Engineer- Houston(Job Number: 12614)
SharePoint Infrastructure Engineer
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career…it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
You will provide professional consulting services on major enterprise initiatives utilizing the Microsoft Framework including web services, enterprise portals and mobile applications. You will build management, technical and planning skills by participating in large projects. You will improve your abilities to think creatively, design solutions, and interact with customers. You will contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property as we employ Microsoft technologies to create a dramatically more personal, integrated computing experience.
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
- Perform project assessments in one or more key areas: security, consolidation, testing, deployment, migration
- Understand and deliver on the infrastructure development process, including installs/builds, configuration, and administration for servers
- Understand and implement quality standards
- Functional in knowledge of other key Microsoft technologies, including management applications, enterprise communications applications, server platforms, and general technical knowledge of Microsoft server OS platforms (i.e. Windows 7, Server 2008R2)
- Functional in Microsoft server and desktop applications, Active Directory, Kerberos, CLAIMS, networking principles, storage architecture, systems integration, high availability, and disaster recovery
- Document configuration, migration, testing, deployment solutions
- Has technical solution, customer-interfacing and project lifecycle responsibilities in a customer-facing role.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- 2-3+ years of experience in the following
- Microsoft Server 2008+ administration and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010 farms topologies including Central Administration, Web Front Ends (WFEs), Shared Services, SQL 2005+, PowerShell, deployment packages (WSP), and other SharePoint-centric application servers and services.
- Supporting the design and deployment of enterprise wide SharePoint 2007/2010 implementations and customizations, to include permissions lists, libraries, Wiki, and other platform offerings.
- Administering SharePoint 2007/2010 to include installing and configuring large server farm topology (physical and virtual), applying patches, service packs, and infrastructure updates.
- Creating, configuring, and maintaining Shared Service Providers to enable and enhance site search functionality including adding and configuring custom properties to documents so that they may be searched.
- Supporting developers in the deployment of SharePoint related features and solutions (i.e. custom web parts) across multiple farms and environments, including working knowledge of SharePoint Solution Package (WSP) creation.
- Configuring and executing SharePoint and SQL Server backup/recovery processes using both native features and products like Microsoft Data Protection Manager and Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007.
- Administering user security in the SharePoint environment including the use of SharePoint and Active Directory groups.
- Integrating various technologies with SharePoint and experience supporting DBAs and maintaining SQL database solutions, including database management and clustering solutions.
- Scripting PowerShell commands and STSADM commands.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience addressing the technical questions/needs of management, technical staff, and SharePoint end-users in a timely and professional manner including recommending best-practices that enhance the end-user experience and promote both system efficiency and maintainability.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- MCSE Certification
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Other Locations : United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time |
Job Type: Standard
Region: - United States
Job: Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server
Capability Group: Con/Sol - Enterprise Collaboration
Avanade Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard