For more than 100 years, Gordon Food Service® has been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As the largest family-owned foodservice distributor in North America, our family-owned company has a long history of pursing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
Gordon Food Service (GFS) Marketplace, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, first opened in 1979. Committed to serving the needs of our communities, GFS Marketplace is open to the public, and does not charge a membership fee. Now, with over 150 stores, we are rapidly growing throughout the Midwest and Florida. Our stores are the primary supplier for many small foodservice operators, including restaurants, churches, day care providers and other small businesses. We also assist our customers with their home and event-planning needs.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, then Gordon Food Service is the place for you. For more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
GFS MARKETPLACE - SHIFT LEADER
As a Shift Leader, you will perform management assigned duties that may include customer service, cash management, inventory management, receiving inventory, stocking, store conditions, and operating a cash register. Assists the store management team in the daily management of store operations. In the absence of a store or assistant manager, the Shift Leader will supervise sales associates in the performance of their assigned duties and works a flexible schedule, as well as open and close the store.
Among many responsibilities, this position is involved in the following activities on a regular basis:
Key qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Assist the management team, as assigned, in the management of daily store operations and assist in supervising associates in the performance of their assigned duties.
- Execute store policies and procedures and all safety and security measures.
- Performs cash handling functions including setting up tills, counting down tills, preparing/delivering bank deposits, and getting change for cashiers as assigned.
- Ensure that all areas of the store are properly cleaned and maintained.
- Support the training of associates to ensure that store condition standards, sales and customer service is maintained.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This position profile may be changes at the discretion of the incumbent's supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED, Associate’s Degree preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- One to two years previous customer service and supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, email and Internet software
- Excellent customer service, organizational, public speaking and written/verbal communication skills
- Talent for driving sales with a "Customer is King" focus
- Must have good problem solving, customer service, communication and interpersonal skills to represent GFS Marketplace and have strong time management and organizational skills
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license and safe driving record per GFS policy
- Availability to work flexible hours and work week required
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
What we offer our employees here at Gordon Food Service:
Well-defined career opportunities within our retail stores
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
Competitive compensation, including bonus opportunities
Generous matching 401k program
Tuition aid reimbursement
Team-oriented, fun working environment
For more information about Gordon Food Service, please visit www.gfs.com .
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
GFS Marketplace is a drug free workplace and drug tests all employees.
For more than 110 years, Gordon Food Service has been honoring our promises to our customers and our employees. As the largest family-owned...