Shift Supervisor - Utilities-1300311
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Executes daily operating plans in conjunction under the supervision of the Production Leader.
- Directs equipment and process adjustments based on previous shift activities, review of operator’s and supervisor’s logs, physical survey, and laboratory test results, and records all production and operational data in logs provided
- Supervises work activities on Daily Operations Team shift personnel, to include PACE and contractor, engaged in operating equipment and processes (i.e. chemical reactors, compression, distillation, filtration, absorption, etc.) using materials which are flammable, corrosive, hazardous, and toxic in nature to product products
- Responsible for working with Daily Support Team in priority setting and equipment repairs; and for timeliness of equipment preparation for maintenance
- Directs Daily Operations Team personnel in observance of safe practices, labor relations, and good housekeeping, taking necessary corrective steps and instructing personnel as required
- Directs activities of Daily Operations Team personnel in event of fires, explosion, and any other emergency in the plant until relieved
- Instructs and trains new operators and keeps the Shifts up to date on Management of Change issues and SOP revisions and required regulatory training
- Follows BASF’s EEO and Affirmative Action policies and promotes their observance in performance of job duties
- Provides coaching/feedback to Daily Operations Team operators in the form of Performance Evaluations.
- Direct/Supervise operations, shutdowns, and start-ups to prevent damage to equipment due to potentially flammable/toxic material
- Coordinates all repairs and equipment changeovers with Daily Support Team to minimize damage and costly repairs
- Responsible for the safety of all Daily Operations Team members under area of supervision. All safety rules and regulations must be strictly enforced. Leads and documents Accident Investigations for injuries, near misses and spills that occur on shift.
- Related duties as assigned.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Minimum of five (5) years experience in operations of a chemical plant with intimate knowledge of departmental functions and plant operations
Strong Leadership Skills required to direct Operators to produce quality chemicals in a safe and cost effective manner.
Strong Coaching Skills required to develop Operators in the understanding of the chemical plant operation and to grow their understanding of technical and business issues.
Strong interpersonal skills are required to interface with DOT, DST, Technical Engineering Services Team (TES), Lab, Technology Group, contractors, and outside vendors.
Strong technical problem solving skills to help in the resolution of problems in the different manufacturing areas that effect plant performance.
Board Experience and Detail experience strongly preferred
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Organization: NCG-Geismar Site
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with over 113,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide. We serve...