The Shipping/Marine Manager has direct responsibility for all Shipping and Marine activities related to the Three Rivers Quarry operations including safety, environment, operations, performance, scheduling, quality, human resources, plant image and community relations. The Shipping/Marine Manager is an operations professional who understands the value of planning and processes and takes a disciplined approach to execution. The Shipping/Marine Manager works closely and effectively with the Assistant Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager, logistics, safety, environment, land, sales, customer service, materials performance and finance personnel. The Shipping/Marine Manager also works closely with the WUS Aggregates Manufacturing team .
1. Safeguard Human resources by adherence to Health & Safety regulations, acts and practices in the operation. Is a key member in developing the Lafarge safety culture within the site.
2. Carry out the planning and scheduling of all Shipping related needs for both land and water
3. Oversee the utilization of manpower, mobile equipment, fixed assets and contractors.
4. Provide the necessary guidance to the shipping team to carry out the required shipping processes to meet customer needs.
5. Coordinate the shipping requirements with the Logistics Team, Maintenance Manager and the Assistant Plant Manager to maximize the processing plant efficiencies and availability to meet the sales requirements and customer needs.
6. Liaison with the Maintenance Manager so as to meet both maintenance and production requirements.
7. Assist the Plant Manager with the capital expenditure program and evaluations and implementation of capital projects and purchase recommendations.
8. Manage boat traffic to ensure that the marine/logistics requirements are efficiently managed and utilized.
9. Provide ideas, plans, and studies to improve efficiencies in all areas of the blending and marine loading operations.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
· Reports to Plant Manager
· Works closely with other local support services as required.
- Works closely with Production Manager, Maintenance Manager, Assistant Plant Manager, Area Safety Manager, Aggregate Manufacturing Group.
· Safety & Environment
· Plans the Shipping/Marine and related processes.
· Manages the Shipping/Marine functions at the site
· Utilization of best practices and operational management tools.
· 1M – 8M+ Tons of aggregate and cement rock production
· 15+ employees to supervise
Education and Work Experience:
The incumbent must have 3 – 5 years of previous experience in aggregates or mining.
Previous Supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of processing methods and appropriate planning techniques.
· Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Ability to learn Lafarge’s E1 system.
· Problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger)
· Functional/Technical Skills
· Managing and Measuring Work
· Presentation Skills
· Problem Solving
· Written Communications
Lafarge - 2 years ago