The purpose of this position is to:
Physically prepare items for shipment up to and including packaging, paperwork documentation and contracting with transportation carriers for the freight movement.
Physically receive freight into the facility, validate it is as expected/ordered, input the receipt into the computer system, and coordinate the movement of the receipt to the place of need.
Responsibilities will include:
This position will begin mid-morning (between 9:30am and 11am) and run through early evening. It is a full-time position with benefits. Flexibility to cover the early morning shift to when the other Shipping/Receiving Clerk is on vacation is ideal.
- Physically receiving freight into the Bassett facility.
- Preparing, providing, and processing all documentation received for inbound shipments.
- Inputting validation of freight receipt into the computer system.
- Reconciling any discrepancies in piece count from the packing list to the physical delivery.
- Preparing and resolving claims for damages, lost shipments, and overcharges.
- Physically preparing items for outbound shipment.
- Creating BOLs (bills of lading) and packing lists as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Logistics Supervisor.
Bassett Mechanical - 16 months ago