SUMMARY: The Shipping and Receiving is responsible provide operational and transportation support to all aspects High Plains Bioenergy plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following:
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR approval for driving company vehicle.
- Follow all established safety procedures for safe operation of equipment and handling of chemicals.
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment by o bserving all local, state and federal regulations regarding health, safety and the environment. This includes all established plant and lab safety practices to ensure good housekeeping/hygiene practices are maintained.
- Receives incoming and ships outgoing materials, products, or supplies.
- Transfers Raw materials from delivery vehicles and transfers to designated storage Tanks according to company SOPs wearing proper PPE.
- Transfers By-product materials from designated storage Tanks to delivery vehicles.
- Accounts for items received or shipped and checks against packing lists, and/or Bill of Lading, recording any discrepancies.
- Will be required to operate a forklift, Bobcat, Utility Vehicle or Pick up Truck or other form of delivery for moving materials.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective Shipping and Receiving of goods.
- Review, release and record shipment results.
- Cover for material handler as deemed fit by Shift Supervisor and Department needs.
- Enter shipping information into Agris, AS400 and, Handbuild.
- Perform maintenance of Shipping\ Receiving equipment and keep maintenance records as directed.
- Assist with collecting samples of product shipped and Received as directed.
- Engage in various on-going training as appropriate and required.
- Coordinate with plant operators as requested and necessary to optimize performance of the plant.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by HPB management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Trade High school diploma or GED.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret in the English language correspondence, general business reports, professional journals, technical procedures or reports. Ability to write clear, accurate, concise reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Supervisors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical formulas to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to make decisions on routine matters. Ability to define and solve practical problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES: Must work primarily in an advisory capacity. Have informal contact daily with supervisor. Good organizational and writing skills necessary to track and document QMS and Operating Policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Lift 50 lbs occasionally. Must be able to move from place to place to all areas of production. Must be able to climb ladders or platforms. Must be able to wear all safety and production related equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment varies from an office, Plant production and outside climate conditions, based on the situation. Noise level varies upon which area of production employee is working in.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established as needed by operations and at the discretion of management and may be adjusted (increased or decreased) by management as required. Must be able to work flexible schedule as necessary
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...