SUMMARY OF POSITION
Process daily operations for distribution in the shipping, receiving and stockroom areas. Perform a wide variety of duties to identify, visually inspect, evaluate, receive, record, ship, count and distribute from various sources.
- Responsible for covering for all positions (shipping/receiving/material kitting) while fellow team-members are absent.
- Perform various receiving, material kitting and shipping transactions for external satellite locations effectively and accurately.
- Responsible for daily cycle counts
- Responsible for picking, packing, and shipping the sales orders.
- Must read and verify detailed lists and reports and must be precise with recording information such as item and lot numbers, quantities, PO/WO/SO information
- Handle and transport heavy, fragile items from shelf to shelf and ensure every item is placed in the assigned location
- Must be a team player and interact with different levels of personnel in a professional manner
- Must be conscience of work load in multiple areas and prioritize daily activities to maximize department output effectiveness in collaboration with supervisor.
- Count inventory items with precision and accurately record counts in the system database
- Respond to telephone calls, visitors and emails in a prompt, clear, and courteous manner
- Begins work day at agreed start time
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional overtime is required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment and must have strong customer service skills
- US Person required
- 2-3 years of previous experience working in an inventory control function with a working knowledge of shipping and stockroom inventory handling procedures
- Strong time management skills; must be able to prioritize between multiple tasks, and plan work to accomplish all that is assigned
- Technical aptitude for identifying and resolving basic customer support issues
- Must be very detailed oriented and able to analyze and interpret complex information
- Calm and rational thinker that works well under pressure
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be proficient in MS office applications and data entry in a Windows environment
- Strong understanding and use of inventory databases
- Familiarity with MRP systems.
Measurement Specialties - 2 years ago