Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 40,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
Responsible for supervising processes and procedures in receiving and shipping department. Ensures that goods are verified against records of shipment. Oversees the inspection of goods received. Supervises the maintenance of records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights. Records time, date, quantity, source, and destination of materials received or shipped.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises employees engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and in preparing items for shipment. Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments. Supervises employees who count, weigh, and identify items in receiving and shipping department.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications. Seals loaded boxcars and truck doors.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Posts weight and shipping charges. Prepares bills of lading.
- Provides supervision, training, scheduling, and guidance to shipping personnel.
EDUCATION: Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.