Shipping and Receiving/Equipment Coordinator needed at Carteret Community College in Morehead City: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate Degree in Business or related curriculum or equivalent experience. Must possess two years' experience with shipping/receiving and inventories. Incumbent must have basic computer skills and be very organized. Must be certified to operate forklift in NC. Permanent full-time position; hiring salary range: $2,417.00 to $2,641.00 monthly. Deadline for applying is September 20, 2013. RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF APPLICATION.
Statement of Primary Purpose
Accurately and efficiently receives and sends shipments as well as maintains and updates the equipment inventory for the College.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Receives materials into the Datatel system and compares the information on packaging materials with the College purchase order to verify accuracy. May also process return shipments for College depts. (broken, damaged, wrong items, etc…)
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- May trace lost shipments and/or customer claims; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Marks newly purchased equipment using appropriate method (bar codes, etc…)
- Maintains equipment inventory following the State Equipment Procedures.
- Conducts annual equipment inventory.
- Puts surplus equipment up for bid with the State Surplus Agency and coordinates the pick-up of the sold equipment.
- Responsible for the annual supply inventory report (4-13).
- Responsible for service calls for copier repairs and ordering operating supplies for the copier equipment.
- Sorts and distributes the mail delivered to the College into the appropriate mailboxes and takes outgoing mail to the Post Office.
- Prepares parcels for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping containers; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Assists Purchasing and Fixed Assets Officer with research for suitable vendors for the purchase of materials, supplies, and equipment following State Purchasing guidelines.
- Fills all centralized supply requests, restocks the centralized supplies, and submits a monthly physical inventory of the centralized supplies to the Purchasing and Fixed Assets Officer.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Associate Degree in Business – related curriculum or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills
Two years' experience with shipping/receiving and inventories. Incumbent must have basic computer skills and be very organized.
Must be physically capable of lifting heavy packages – up to 50 pounds.
Certified NC forklift operator license required
Working Conditions and Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc.)
Work is carried out in two locations. The computerized data entry part of the job is in a standard heated and air conditioned area in a public area located in the H.J. McGee building. The shipping and receiving part of the job is in a warehouse type environment with a heated and air conditioned office located in the Alvin T. Rhue building. There will be frequent interruptions both from students, employees, and the public.
Required to use the forklift to remove items from delivery trucks.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.