Responsible for managing the receiving of Direct Store Deliveries (DSD) product, including the computer inventory management process. Acts as part of the management team and assists the Store Manager in the daily running of the store when needed. Ensures the individual and collective skills of the team are utilized effectively, and ensures a positive staff and customer experience. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists Store Manager in responsibility for the store.
• Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the customer by greeting and assisting and well as quickly responding to customer inquires and needs.
• Demonstrates desired behaviors for staff including driving sales, handling difficult and/or complicated sales, cash management, inventory, and follow-up with customers.
• Assists Store Manager to provide a strong leadership presence and control in store, while ensuring that all customers receive good service and quality merchandise.
• Utilizes company tools to diagnose opportunities and develops action plans to improve performance.
• Regularly communicates with Store Manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business.
• Maintains good working relationships with vendors
2. Human Resources:
• Provides direction, support, and ongoing feedback to staff.
• Leverages individual staff strengths, and creates developmental plans to prepare all level positions for future growth within the organization.
• Ensures staff is trained and knowledgeable in both merchandise and operations.
• Assists Manager in delivering consistent feedback and coaching.
• Ensures company standards are met for store and associate appearance at all times.
• Responsible for deliveries or pickups of product, including moving product within and outside of store.
• Follows all policies and procedures regarding receiving of merchandise, vendor involvement, and invoice processing.
• Assists in the execution of all Merchandise Calendars, campaigns, and sales promotions.
• Ensure all pricing, signage, and display is correct at all times.
• Responsible for controlling inventory stock levels and reordering as necessary within budget.
• Enforce all company policies and procedures, including health, safety, and security.
• Manages P+L to budget, identifying opportunities to increase contribution.
• Manage and control shrink
• I5 system computer skills necessary
We are the leading alcoholic beverage-lifestyle specialty retailer in the western United States and among the largest in the...