The Shop Helper is responsible for assisting Mechanics in performing maintenance and general repairs on oilfield service equipment and diesel engine heavy trucks.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Mechanics with maintenance and general repair work on truck mounted oilfield service equipment, hydraulic components, and heavy trucks
- Learns to diagnose to determine extent of repair required
- Assist Mechanics with dissembling and reassembling equipment and parts
- Perform oil changes on Sanjel heavy and light trucks; and help/train Field personnel on how to perform oil services on their equipment
- Obtains and hands tools to Mechanic
- Cleans tools and working area
- Cleans trucks and truck mounted equipment
- Cleans, lubricates and performs other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Drives Sanjel oilfield service equipment as needed; will assist District in “hot shots” as needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
The Shop Helper will be required to perform work inside the shop at the District location, as well as on job sites in the field.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; manual dexterity, fine manipulation, and the ability reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 50 lbs is required. The Shop Helper will frequently be required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The vision requirements include: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
Please contact a recruiter at 1-800-972-6535 or email resume to email@example.com
- This is an entry level position. Candidate should be pursuing a 2 year Diesel Technician Degree / Certification or have equivalent experience working with and repairing heavy-duty equipment and hydraulic systems
- CDL license with Hazmat endorsement, or the ability to obtain both within 90 days of employment
- Able to work a 10 days on, 4 days off schedule with the likelihood of being on call 24/7
- Ability work unsupervised occasionally
- Strong problem recognition and problem solving skills; strong judgment and decision making abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
To apply for this position, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanjel Corporation - 12 months ago