Position Summary: Entry to intermediate level mechanic that performs work on gas compression equipment components and instruments (e.g., pumps, controllers, valves, etc) at shop location. Performs other tasks as needed or requested.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knows standard operating procedures relative to gas compressor maintenance and repair
- Gaining proficiency to accurately and efficiently diagnose mechanical problems
- Replaces and overhaul small compressors, checking bearings, crankshaft, etc.
- Disassembles gas compressor parts and equipment
- Cleans gas compressor parts and equipment
- Reassembles parts (assistance maybe required)
- Gaining engine repair proficiency
- Works under general supervision, can complete basic tasks without direction
- Adheres to all company and government safety regulations
- Attends required safety meetings
Required Skills or Tools:
- Has own tools
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE
- Mechanical skills, welding skills, and pipe fitting skills.
- Electronics (panel) skills, hydraulic skills, tubing skills, math skills, English skills, writing skills, and analytical skills.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in engine, compressor mechanics, production equipment and gas compression
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
- Ability to lift, pull, push minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to stand, kneel, bend, stretch over and under pipeline equipment.
- Ability to spend 100% of time outside in all climates and temperatures to do repairs on equipment
Our core values – safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity – define our culture. And our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry. Perhaps you should be the next among us.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Exterran - 11 months ago
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and...