As the Shop Supervisor , you will be our eyes and ears on the day-to-day overall coordination of production activities. Your attention to detail will ensure equipment and manpower are used to their maximum potential and pertinent information is compiled accurately. In the hands-on role , use your mechanical aptitude to make certain all equipment is operating properly and performing efficiently. Coordinate with company personnel and customers to perform repairs and maintenance. Reporting to our Director of Manufacturing , you will participate in the hiring process, employee on-boarding, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Participate in engineering meetings for machine sales and major repairs.
- Discuss order details with sales personnel and appropriate shop personnel.
- Assist with obtaining parts, hiring and scheduling employees.
- Manage the completion of employees time cards so accurate costing of jobs will occur.
- Direct shop activities, promote team work, and resolve problems.
- Foster an environment that provides a clean, safe, organized and rewarding workplace .
- Manage job costs (actual vs estimated), while maintaining desired profit margins.
- Train employees to expand their knowledge in all facets on the operation.
- Review and approve the required times by operation and material requirements lists required for all shop jobs in the mechanic, bowl and machine shop areas.
- Ensure final inspections are performed on completed jobs, including all documentation, photos and packing lists for shipping.
- Correspond with customers and sales managers regarding jobs, estimated timelines, and unanticipated issues.
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in related field preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting with industrial equipment experience is required.
- Effective organizational skills and able to manage multiple priorities at one time.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with various groups and management levels.
- Adaptable approach to workload to handle changing priorities to meet customer demands.
- Maintain a high energy level and excellent follow-up skills.
- Must be able to motivate employees and contribute to productive and enjoyable work environment.
- Must be computer savvy with Microsoft Office and ERP software experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Separators, Inc. will reward your supervisory talents with a salary of $50 - $60k. You will also receive an attractive benefit package that includes medical and dental insurance is offered along with LT disability. You will also receive a generous 50% 401(k) employer match contribution, 7 paid holidays, and 2 weeks vacation.
If you are a responsive manager with a sense of urgency , we encourage you to apply online now . We prefer that you submit an electronic resume via this career site.
To learn more about Separators, Inc. , please visit www.sepinc.com
Separators, Inc. requests that all candidate communication and resumes be directed to Safari Solutions.
Drew Smith, HR Consultant
Safari Solutions - 18 months ago