Position: Shop Supervisor
Reports to: Plant Superintendent
Location: Fort Worth, TX metropolitan area
The hiring company is a leading manufacturer of tubular
steel structures (towers) used in wireless
communications and utility applications. It has an
opening for a Shop Supervisor at its manufacturing
facility located just south of the Fort Worth
Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the Shop
Supervisor is accountable for the first line supervision
at the company’s manufacturing facility, including all
actions relevant to manufacturing, safety, productivity,
and quality. Specific responsibilities include the
the Shop. Making decisions regarding work priorities
- Giving daily work assignments to personnel within
based on published schedules and conversations with
department managers, taking into account their
knowledge of assigned personnel, individual skills,
and existing personnel vacancies.
schedules to assure that satisfactory progress is
- Continuously monitoring progress on daily work
and performance. Providing daily reports of time and
- Maintaining files and records of employee attendance
attendance for payroll purposes.
systems, evaluating performance of all employees in
- Based on personal observation and existing reporting
terms of safety, quality, productivity and
attendance. Initiating training and/or corrective
action to correct deficiencies.
vacancies occur, initiating appropriate documents to
- Maintaining authorized staffing levels. When
get positions filled through internal postings
and/or outside hiring. Interviewing candidates and,
within prescribed guidelines, selecting candidates
supervisors in person and by telephone. Attending
- Communicating regularly with other department
meetings to exchange information with other
supervisors, managers and other employees.
Conducting meetings within department and shift to
communicate with subordinates in a group setting.
them informed of their progress and/or opportunities
- Communicating one-on-one with subordinates to keep
production jobs in the company’s business system
- Effectively using, understanding, and monitoring
or related industrial manufacturing environment
- Two-year associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Three-plus years of management experience in similar
(preferably steel manufacturing).
communications and organizational skills. Able to
- Must be a good leader with effective interpersonal,
function independently and also work in a team
- Math aptitude and ability to thrive in a deadline
- Current computer skills, including email, Word and
focus on agreed recommendations and results.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships.
- High energy level and enthusiasm with the ability to
and effective solutions to key problems; strives for
- Takes initiative; develops and implements creative
degree of integrity in all business interactions.
- Applies sound business ethics and exhibits a high
Base salary of $65,000 to $70,000 with 10 percent
Perfect World Search - 6 months ago