The primary function of this position it to perform advanced systems repair and assembly by performing independent trouble shooting using various diagnostic equipment and manuals.
- Check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
- Uses manuals, repair manuals, parts manuals, parts diagrams to perform independent troubleshooting and repair of construction equipment.
- Uses lift trucks, overhead cranes, & other aides to lift or move parts into position to be repaired.
- Uses hand & power tools to remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on construction equipment.
- Uses miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- Uses tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment; cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer; uses test equipment to make diagnostic checks; and controls powered equipment or tools to make repairs.
- Climbs up onto, under, & into vehicles to gain access to all parts of vehicle.
- Uses overhead hoists, lift devices, forklifts & other aides to move items off vehicle (tracks, idler wheels, blades, etc.) & then to move parts to locations for disassembly, repair, then back to the vehicle for reassembly.
- Proficient at performing inspections, do preventative maintenance, repair engines, power train, hydraulic and electrical components.
- Lift/carry and position ram used to remove idlers, unbolt idlers, remove them with
- Uses power washers & spray paint equipment to clean & paint vehicle.
- Uses instruments and computers to reprogram equipment controllers.
Must have a high school education or GED
Requires four years of work experience with at least two years experience with CAT equipment; Must be proficient in at least two mechanical systems (i.e. transmissions, engines, hydraulics, etc.) for numerous model lines.
Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs; Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports. Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 100 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders; Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems. Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information; Can work independently with minimal supervision.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company - 12 months ago